“First class operation”

Barefoot Divers Lodge & Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Guests of Barefoot Divers™ Lodge enjoy our ocean view guestrooms and/or our full-service PADI 5-star dive center and Instructor Development Center (IDC) - offering diving, PADI courses and internships, snorkeling and special excursions. Our boats depart at 8:30am, 10:30am and 2pm daily, with night dives on request. We are located on the south shore of Roatan, close to the cruise ship docks, airport and ferry dock. Fresh fruit, water and towels are offered on every dive and snorkeling boat trip. The dive center has well-maintained rental equipment, private hot water showers and change facilities as well as individual dive lockers, air-conditioned classroom, and resort shop with dive accessories and logo wear. Mary's Place (voted Roatan's #1 dive site) is located right on the doorstep. For guests staying with us but not interested in diving or snorkeling, we invite your to visit our sister property (Barefoot Cay Resort, Spa & Marina) for a more full-service resort experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a well run operation. The dive boats are spacious and clean. The shop is well organized and spotless. You are greeted with a fresh towel and watermelon or fruit after every dive while returning to the pier. A hot water shower is waiting for you to rinse off during your surface interval. You can order food from the restaurant and it was outstanding and too much for me to finish. We had a great visit with all the staff and will certainly return for more dives.
On a side note, we were given a dive briefing by a trainee under supervision by an instructor and that was by far the most thorough dive briefing I have ever witnessed. George did a great job and was obviously being trained well!

1  Thank Eric W

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The dive masters take extremely good care of the divers and equipment. They exercise safety on each dive. It is valet diving so divers just basically need to show up. The boats are small so the dive groups are as well. No more than six (experienced) divers per one dive guide. The dive shop also ensures that divers do not see the same site twice during their visit. Overall, Superb service.

1  Thank KDS1981
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and 22 year old daughter had done two dives with this shop when they were in port on a cruise ship. We decided to return for a week of diving while staying at the resort. It is a great shop ( & resort!). We each have about 90-100 dives. The shop is well run, organized, rents well maintained equipment that looks very new. They train dive masters and dive instructors and run a very professional business. We were on the dive package and did some extra dives. I had an issue with my dive computer and they solved it for me! The boats are comfortable and not crowded. The groups are small. The coral is in good shape. We did a variety of dives with a swim through, great night dive and a nice slow drift dive. This is a great place to dive.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my second visit to Bare Foot. The first was to prepare for my PADI IE in 2012 when I stayed for 10 days and took the IE over on Utila. This time it was as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor helping Course Director Gary Miller with his OWSI class of students in March 2014 for two weeks. Almost all of my diving was done on their Cay, with a couple of boat dives. My wife came down the second week for some diving as well. The dive operation is first class, with showers and lockers just steps from the boats and your room if staying at Barefoot. As a PADI 5 Star IDC there are always top notch Dive Masters and Instructors as Gary employees the best from his classes during the year. Gary Miller is a PADI Platinum Course Director, one of the very best. His wife Mary runs the dive shop. Two reasons to go to Bare Foot before choosing another operation in the Bay Islands.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

They are organized, professional, and fun in a classy sorta way. I took my IDC there. The bus picks you up in West End at 7:00 AM. Then there's lots of classroom and underwater instruction too detailed and numerous to mention here.
But if you are looking for a great setting, great instruction, great food, and professional SCUBA instruction…this is the place.