Our entire family of eleven plus a group of five friends just returned from the best birthday celebration ever at Media Luna Resort & Spa. We were referred to Media Luna by our booking agent, Rich Henry, and although we were unsure of what to expect at first, this resort could not have been more perfect for our group, which consisted of dive instructors, experienced scuba divers, brand new divers who needed instruction to complete their training and non-divers as well. Every single person in the group was accomodated according to their needs, and the entire group left wanting more!
Upon arrival at Media Luna, we were all stunned at the sheer physical beauty of the surroundings. The location is on a peninsula which is surrounded on three sides by water, providing outstanding vistas from almost any location. Media Luna is an eco resort and buildings are constructed in a manner that blends in with the surrounding environment, providing a very soothing and relaxing atmosphere for the guests. A series of terraced decks with beautiful integrated landscaping provide numerous areas to relax and unwind. There are three beautiful swimming pools, two beaches and numerous additional activities such as volleyball, table tennis (ping-pong), billiards and spa treatments. Organized tours and activities are also readily available.
Our week was primarily focused on scuba diving, which was outstanding. The dive shop was well staffed and all divers received attention at a level that was appropriate for their level of expertise. My understanding is that an expansion and improvements to the dive shop facilities is forthcoming. Dive packages include three boat dives per day along with unlimited shore diving. The shore diving at Media Luna is outstanding, providing opportunities to experience the underwater wonderland any time of the day or night.
The highlight of our week was the birthday celebration, which was enhanced greatly by the staff at Media Luna. The chef prepared an amazing birthday cake that was large enough to feed our entire group of 18 plus more! In addition to the cake, balloons, party favors and table decorations were also provided. We could not have been more pleased with the efforts made by the staff, whom we came to love by the end of our week there. The employees at Media Luna don't even behave as if they're performing a job...they seem to REALLY be happy to be there, and that made us feel happy and welcome at all times.
The worst part of our stay was when it was time to depart. We definitely left wanting more and would highly recommend this phenomenal resort to anyone wishing to experience the amazing beauty of the island of Roatan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands