If you are a recreational diver,this is a great resort.
The hotel dive shop,went out of their way to ensure, everyone was having a good dive.
The visibility was in excess of 80 ft.and the water temp. was always 78 degrees or better.
The best dive of the week was a shore dive. It was a short swim from the dive shop to the
reef.We were rewarded with marine life,such as a sea horse,and many crabs(etc).
The food is described in many other reviews. It was, OK , plentiful,but we did seek something
different near the end of the week.We went to Frenchy's, a restaurant,only a short cab ride
away.The taxi ride cost $20 for two people, return included.If any visitor complains about the
distance to any attraction, they simply ,didn't do their homework.It is a very picturesque
island and awesome views.Sit back and enjoy the ride!
At night,we usually played pool or cards.Two nights,we were entertained by local dancers.
One day,we went into town.The hotel provided us transportation into town,we inquired at
the front desk the evening before to arrange this.
We were greeted by children,wanting to guide us through town.Don't worry when this
happens.The "guides" are only looking for a dollar,if you let them,they will talk your ear off
about their island.
The rooms were nicely appointed,if you need an iron,you have to ask the front desk.
It is a very casual resort,no ties are required.
Remember,this is a third world country and average pay is only $10 a day for local workers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands