I stayed at the Media Luna from 5/22-5/27. The resort is beautiful! Clean and updated. The ocean front rooms are the best choice. Private little cabanas covered by an oasis of lush tropical gardens. 95% of the staff was helpful and friendly. Belkys the front desk girl is delightful and accommodating! Nicole the Yoga instructor is a total sweetheart and gem. Cristobal the electrician/handy bell hop is a genuine informative kind person who works at nights but also works during the day as a cab driver and tour guide. Hire him! Ask the front desk for him. Maids are good but they did not clean our room one day until we notified the front desk. Food is so-so. Drinks are ok. Room 142 is one of the 1st cabins near lobby so you have view of pool and ocean plus access to Wi-Fi from balcony as other rooms do not have Wi-Fi.
-Quiet relaxing resort
-Pretty new resort. Only open 3 yrs
-3 pools with beds and lounge chairs
-Spacious rooms with his and hers sinks and rainfall like showers
-Far away from action of West End. $80 cab ride r/t if you want to go
-Walk ways are dark and bumpy as rock stucco decors them. Not ideal for walking in heels or lugging luggage
-The only bar in resort closes at 11:00pm
-No phones in room so if you need something you have to walk to lobby
-The only restaurant serves breakfast only from 7:30 -9:30am, lunch from 12:30-2:00pm and dinner from 6:30-8:30. If you are hungry after that, you will not have access to any food unless you call a cab to get food out side the resort
-The road to enter Media Luna is long, dark and parts are unpaved. Caution for those who decide to rent a car
-Small rocky beach, bring your swim shoes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands