Resort is still under construction, nothing to do at this resort, no games etc. very limited booze selection, no umbrellas or shade! If there is shade someone is all ready sitting it. You could go for a walk outside the resort but there is nothing to do and good luck if you walk it cause the hills are so steep that you would be walking outside of your shoes. No telephones in the room (not that it matters but if your with other guests you cant call them or call front desk) also no clocks to set the alarm so you have to depend on them to wake you up. I had two wake up calls this past week and both of them 30 minutes late just about missed my day trips. Also there is no shopping there the dive shop is open sometimes but there isnt much in there to purchase. I needed more sunscreen and they didnt even have that. I needed to take a taxi in to town to get some. Oh and I had to buy Ketchup there too cause they didnt have that either. The taxi cost $40 to take there and back and its a 45 minute round trip to town/civilization. The weather was excellent there were only 52 people staying at the resort this past week, We met up with other couples who were scheduled to stay there for 2 weeks but they took a transfer to West Bay to Henry Morgan, This resort is very pre-mature, Maybe in 5 years it will be better but for now it was the worst Honeymoon resort out there. The picture with all the smoke is a guy who goes around at 4am and 4pm and fogs the entire resort. If you can tell he has a large resporator mask on, but they told us that it wasnt harmful. I really dont think it works cause the sand fleas bit me as well as everyone else. They tell you NOT to use bug spray but to use baby oil. The rooms are definately 5 star as well as the staff. As for everything else it was disapointing. As far as i'm concerned this resort should not even be opened and Sunwing is advertising something that it isn't. I spent $3910 to go here and I honestly should have only spent $2000 max. If you pay any more than that you are getting ripped off as of now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pearl of the Caribbean… refined, precious, endowed with an innate elegance without the confines of time.Are you searching for a refuge in the pure nature?Do you want an eco-Lodge that respects the natural harmony of the elements?Are you seeking absolute relaxation with personal treatment …To you who want the “luna”… Experience…have found it!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Media Luna Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Media Luna Hotel Roatan
- Media Luna Resort And Spa
- Media Luna Resort & Spa Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands