All reviews private pool bedroom villa black pearl pete dye aqua restaurant tennis courts golf car excellent golf lower pool easter vacation grocery store shuttle service recommend renting a car min drive washer and dryer destination wedding main building
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I have waited a couple months before writing my review as I wanted to make sure I was being fair. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It was like being a prisoner. You really could not go anywhere, on the property, or off, without calling their front desk to ask for a transport. They might remember to come pick you up, and they might not. They did not come to pick us up at the airport, even though I had arranged for the transport at the time of booking, then emailed to confirm two days before arrival. I had no phone, and had to ask a person in the airport to make the call for me. Then the hotel proceeded to tell the caller that I had not made any arrangements for transport. They eventually came to get us. I arranged for transport back to the airport early the evening prior to departure. I was told by the front desk that they would handle it right away. They post in their lobby that there are two shuttles to the airport in the morning. The next morning, no shuttle arrived to pick us up. This place is a 1/2 hour drive from the airport. We did not have a lot of wiggle room since our flight was leaving shortly after the airport opened in the morning. Several calls to the front desk went unanswered. Once the shuttle finally showed up, we were told no one had informed them that anyone was going to the airport in the morning.

This was meant to be a special trip for a milestone birthday. It was nothing but disappointing. Only 1 restaurant to speak of, since the pool grille closed at 5pm. Dead plants on our veranda, old ripped cushions on the patio furniture with bird doody on them. Peeling leather chairs in the villa. Water stained rug in the villa. I took photos.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank B W
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The place is huge!
We stayed in a one bedroom villa, completely equipped for living (modern kitchen, complete with dishwasher, microwave, electric cooker and oven, coffee maker, toaster, as well as washing machine and drier). It's very comfortable and I think there's sea view from all of the villas. The only things I would change would be the towels and bed sheets, they look old and they don't give the same luxurious impression as the rest of the villa or resort. And the toiletries haven't been replenished during our 4 nights stay.
The restaurants are relatively expensive, the food was good though. There's a supermarket (Eldon's) pretty well stocked not far away (you still definitely need a taxi or rental car, as the resort is immense and the road is very steep).
The golf course (Pete Dye) is beautiful and well maintained. I think they accept also people not living in the resort, it's worth to ask, if you want to stay in the west of the island.
The resort has a very nice infinity pool and a private beach, beware of sand flies (repellent is absolutely necessary, I don't know how effective it is).
The pick-up and drop- off to the airport are included, as well as transfers inside the resort (but for latter you may wait relatively long time, maybe more than 15 min).
The included WiFi in the villas is weak and not very reliable, it's much better in the Aqua restaurant.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sinziana2011
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We loved this place with our family! Would definitely recommend it... and we would definitely come back! This place is very big, clean and beautiful and the people that attends us were very polite. Big and beautiful!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Katherine G
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

I appreciate the chance to say what I think about my stay at Pristine Bay. I was charged a considerable amount for what I saw in pictures, and thought it was right because it seemed like a pretty fancy hotel. When I first got there, the pick up transport from the airport had wet seats but we tolerated it since my fiance and I were excited about the trip. The next morning a guy cleaning the villa next to ours was spying on my fiance when we were in the Pool... pretty uncorfortable if you ask me... and to make everything worse, when we got back from the restaurant to our villa, I saw my bags all different from how I left them and finally found out my fiance’s ear rings were missing. Now looking back.. it does seem a lot what I was charged for, considering I got spied on and robbed.

Dr. Musset Tobar Chávez

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Musset T
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Honestly I don't even know where to begin. My stay at Pristine Bay started and ended horribly and I STRONGLY recommend against staying at this place. Like others, I was drawn to this place because of the great reviews and the pictures of the beautiful villas. I would really like to know how this place got such great reviews..my boyfriend and I got off our flight and waited 2 hours to pass through immigration and when we were so relieved to get out of that line we ended up waiting another 2 hours for the hotel driver to come pick us up. Almost everyone after us in immigration had already left the airport. Once we got to the property they took us to our villa and it was beautiful but then we noticed our toilet wasn't working and someone's laundry was still in the washing machine. We let it go and decide to call the front office to come get us because it was dark by this time and all of the properties are far apart from each other. We wait and wait..for 30 minutes and still no car so we walk in the pitch dark to the front office to talk to management about our room. They eventually offered us a different room after much hesitation and when we go to see the room it's worse than the room we were in....so we kindly ask them to fix the plumbing so we can stay in our old room. While they fix our plumbing we decided to book a massage by the beach. We thought that there was a spa room but nope it's just 2 ladies that drive to us with makeshift tables. They set up at the beach but it was pitch dark so they get 2 employees to shine their phone lights while we get our massage to turn on the lights by the trees. It was extremely uncomfortable and strange and I was just waiting to get the massage over with. A waste of $150 so I would skip the spa section. The next day we decide to rent a car from them because the resort is very far from west end. A guy comes to bring us the car and everything went smoothly until the next morning when the car wouldn't start. At this point I wasn't even surprised and simply just laughed at how terrible everything was going. It eventually got fixed but we decided to end our trip early and fly home the next day because we were having a horrible time. Of course they didn't give us our money back for the night we paid for but we didn't care. It was THAT BAD YALL! I've stayed in a 5 star resort before and my boyfriend and I are frequent travelers and are pretty patient and understanding people but this was one of the worst experiences I've had. Some of the staff are nice like the lady at the front desk but this place is too expensive for the quality that you get. I would take your hard earned money anywhere but here

Also, if you do stay here, make sure you bring all cash because the nearest ATM is sketchy and this place does not take card.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple