“Amazing chalet! I could live here!”

Georphi's Tropical Hideaway
Ranked #11 of 50 Speciality Lodging in Roatan
“Amazing chalet! I could live here!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the chalet - it wasn't the cheapest, but truly amazing. Huge, nicely furnished, big terrace, great bathrooms... For a group of 6 it was amazing, we could happily stay there for much longer. Staff is super fun and helpful, wifi is very good. Sincerely recommended!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kasia_mip

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ebeltoft, Denmark
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed staying at this place!
Very nice people running the place. If you mention anything they will do their best to fix it for you (we didn't had hot water the first day, which we should have had).
The only problem about this place is their neighbour, El Boske, who runs a big disco... But hopefully it will be better in the near future. Feel so sorry about how these people 'destroy' this nice place by playing so high music...
Having said that we still think it was one of the best places we have stayed so far. Please go there! (Bonus-Info: they have the best and biggest smoothies I've seen so far in my life, try them!!)

• Stayed February 2014
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here for a bit over a week and I loved staying here. We stayed in a larger cabin, with two beds: one king and one twin. It had a full, working bathroom with plenty of hot water and great water pressure! We also had a nice sized kitchen and fridge. During the day, it was nice to come back and relax a bit from the heat by sitting in front of the fans and reading. I definitely enjoyed that once I got used to the heat. The rooms also had lots of shelving and tables to place your luggage and clothing on.

I will have to admit that when we first arrived, it was on a Saturday night and a new disco has been built on the property next to Georphi's. Sleeping was a little rough that night, but it continued to get better each night. The owners are working diligently to take care of the situation, getting help from local authorities. Such a sigh of relief with it getting better! I slept peacefully almost every night after that. Not something to really worry about now as it's being taken care of.

They have quite a few pets that are on the grounds too, which I really appreciated because I missed mine so much while I was gone. Very sweet animals, all well behaved.

Georphi's is owned by an incredible family, who all work together and are very knowledgable in what they do and the island. They are also excellent cooks! There is a decent sized restaurant towards the front of the property, named Rudy's. Please try the banana pancakes and a bowl of fruit! You will NOT be disappointed. Rudy's is open every day, excluding Saturdays. Such an incredible place for breakfast, I loved it every day we ate there. Rosalie and Michele and their families are wonderful people who are very welcoming and friendly. They seem to be the type of people who genuinely care about your stay and do their best to make you comfortable. I would come back just to see them!

They are located towards the far western edge of West End, but nothing is too far away. Make sure you stop next door too and try the cinnamon rolls in the evening!

I would HIGHLY recommend Georphi's as a place to stay on your vacation. Great people, great food and great rooms. They have beautiful plant life and parrots and lots of walking area on the grounds. Absolutely beautiful! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Solo travel should check out dorms with bunks for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I see by the other reviews the noise from the neighboring business has been a drawback. To their credit, Rosalie and Michele have been working closely with the mayor of Roatan to get this under control and I believe it'll be quite soon. Rosalie and Michele are very nice. Michele is an unexpected wealth of information and Rosalie can cook breakfast like you wouldn't believe! The cabin we stayed in was spotless. No bugs, spider webs, ants. Very clean floors and bathroom. The bed was comfortable, mattress on wood platform. Had an oscillating fan for the hot hours of the afternoon and for keeping comfortable at night. Palms keep some privacy between cabins, very nice, tropical, lush. Grounds are very well kept, even across the road at the beach. WiFi is included. Parrots are fun to watch. Good value. Nice people who care about their guests' comfort. I'll be back and will recommend!

Room Tip: Check out other room options from dormitory style to those with A/C
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The place is very nice, clean apartments with (shared) kitchen for a very good price compared to other places in West End. The owners are very friendly and helpful and the location is very close to many dive shops and bars and restaurants.

Then a bar recently opened next door.. which is LOUD. On many days they have music blowing until 2am and it sounds like the speaker is right next to your bed. If you have a problem sleeping with noise, you won't sleep here. If you usually sleep through anything (like me) you will still wake up - that';s how loud it is.

I was told by someone that the bars actually recently opened with a permit to have only indoor music in a well isolated room, next thing they suddenly are an outdoor club. So the owners of this hotel really can't help it, but it's something to consider when you want to book this. Other then that, I really recommend the place!

Room Tip: Ask for the most quiet rooms!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Michele_Cee, Manager at Georphi's Tropical Hideaway, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you Daniel for your honest review.
We knew this would show up sooner or later because it is happening. The only thing I can say at this moment is that we are currently working towards ending the assault of loud, unsolicited noise that is disrupting not only our lives but the lives of our guests and tenants. We are building our case against our new neighbors and have hope that in the very near future we will no longer be "living in a disco," (I borrowed the words of a couple of our tenants) but living in the tropical paradise that is Roatan.
We hope when that happens you'll return for another holiday and learn what the true Georphi's Tropical Hideaway experience is.
Best regards,
~Michele
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The location is excellent, just across the road from the beach, and the cabins are great value. They are tucked away in their little forest and have a nice deck, a kitchen, and cozy rooms. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Barriere, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed two weeks with Rosalie and Michelle and loved the friendly and cheerful atmosphere. As a solo traveler I felt safe and slept well! My cabin was comfortable, clean, and with lots of hot water, the kitchen serviceable and well equipped, the deck heaven!! The jungle garden ambience is lovely. I cooked most of my meals in and even invited new friends to share meals on my deck. Highly recommended budget accommodation. I look forward to a future stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo