“Port Side, worth the trip!”

Port Side Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #161 of 214 Restaurants in Roatan
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rio Dulce, Izabal Guatemala
“Port Side, worth the trip!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Living in Guatemala, you hear a lot about other places in the surrounding countries, Port
Side is one of those places you hear about and for good reason. I had liked their Facebook page months ago, and always drooled at their advertised specials. Finally being in Roatan, I had to go try em out in person. I was not disappointed. The Lobster Bisque was most excellent, and both my wifes Coconut Shrimp, and my Chicken in Garlic Cream sauce were very tasty indeed. The view from the restaurant was breath taking and the owner, Francois' personal attention and service were very welcome in a town that tends to roll it's eyes at tourist in general.

The only thing that could have made it better was being there closer to sunset and enjoying some of their later evening live music.I Highly recommend you try them out when in Roatan.

• Visited August 2013

new jersey
“great experience”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

What a great spot. Great food, great chef in Francois. Excellant meal and wonderful view of the south side of island. Right on the water overlooking cruise ship dock, Coxen Hole and Mainland of Honduras.Best kept secret on ilsand.

• Visited April 2013
Western PA
“Best dining on the island of Roatan.”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

We have been coming to Roatan since 2008, and this gem of a restaurant that we have just found out about, is the best dinning we have ever had on the island! The walk up through a grotto like entrance is a unique start to your dining experience. We were warmly greeted by Chef Mike, and felt very welcomed. Once we were seated with a very nice view out over the ocean, Mike went over the daily specials on the menu, and they were fantastic. If you like lobster bisque, you will really enjoy it here. It is the best I have ever had anywhere. The atmosphere is wonderful, the staff is so friendly, and the food was amazing. And just when I thought it could not get any better, Mike made the most amazing Coconut Crème Brûlée for dessert. This is going to be a place that we will always return to when on the island of Roatan at least once for dinner and for lunch! It is just a short 10 minute trip from the West Bay area, and well worth it. Don’t miss it!

• Visited February 2013
Mobile, Alabama
“Still Great!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I lived on Roatan for 6 years in the '90's. I spend about 2 months a year there now. Port Side has become my favorite restuarant on the island. It is also special to me since my wife and I built the house where Port Side is located, and sitting on the deck brings back fond memories of this special place. I recently returned from a 3 week stay on Roatan. My sister and I ate there a number of times during my stay, and the food, service and ambiance were perfect, as usual. Chef Mike served up some great meals. Hope Franc continues his recovery. Port Side is a little out of the way for most tourists, but it is worth the trip.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JoeW108
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dinner on our trip!”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This was a dinning experience! The restaurant was slow due to the tropical storm but the chef went above and beyond for us. He came out and explained all of his dishes and suggested a wine to compliment them. After we ordered he came back to tell us about his inspiration for the meals and his story about the restaurant.

The food was amazing! Everyone shared their plates and wine.
Being from Seattle my expectations for fine dinning are high. Port Side exceeded my expectations in all aspects.

• Visited January 2013