“What a bunch of Junk! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rusty Fish

Rusty Fish
Ranked #12 of 72 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Rusty Fish makes artwork out of recycled materials. Most of which comes from the garbage dump. The Rusty Fish store benifits 60 local families. Providing a way for them to make an income and support their families. Beyond recycled artwork we also have the best selection of locally made wood carvings, local stone carving, paintings by local artisans and handmade jewelry. 100% of our items are made on the Island. Giving you a unique gift and enabling you to help local families by purchasing their artwork.
Covington, Washington
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What a bunch of Junk! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I can't get out of this place without spending AT LEAST 100.00!!! I love the variety and quality of the artwork here. I LOVE the back end story of how this place started AND the amazing things that are created in the shop by locals. The Rusty Fish takes junk and transforms it into art. Adam takes recycling to a whole new level. Keep on creating AWESOME junk! :)

Red Deer
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ingenius Idea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Rusty Fish is a wonderful, eco-friendly store employing local Hondurans and helping to protect the delicate eco-system of the reef. They have brightly coloured tin pieces, wood art, jewelry and seashells. As we traveled around the island and stopped for a beer or meal, I noticed art from The Rusty Fish everywhere. It was awesome to see how supportive the Roatan businesses are. After our visits, yes visits, to The Rusty Fish we stopped at 'Fresh' the bakery next door for lunch or a snack and picked up loafs of bread and homemade cookies to take home.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Unique, local art”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The Rusty Fish is located on the main road between Sandy Bay & West End (in the Alba Plaza). The owner has a taught a group of local students to craft recycled metal, such as oil drums, in to whimsical works of art. Pieces include pictures, wall hangings, statues, magnets, and Christmas ornaments. Prices are very reasonable. Check it out!

Bonus: There is a small cafe/bakery next door (Fresh Bakery) with lovely iced teas and baked goods!

Topeka, Kansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stopped by with our dive group on our last day on the island after spending the afternoon in West End. They had just closed, but our driver Howard called the owner and he came back in 5 minutes and opened up his shop for us. He took the time to explain what they did and all of the amazing pieces they have in their store! He is the nicest, most talented and sincere person you will meet. We all took something home!! I will be checking out the website! Thank you Adam :)

Visited June 2013
Roatan, Honduras
“Beautiful Art! Great Service! Must have souveniers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've been a frequent customer of Rusty Fish over the past couple years, and even threw some crazy ideas at Adam including making me a Volkswagen bug! For my wedding, I ordered magnets for guest favors, and Rusty Fish exceeded my expectations! Each piece was done beautifully and with care and is EXACTLY what I imagined. I can't pick a favorite out of the 6-8 different designs! I highly recommend stopping by their shop and seeing all the neat creations made here in Roatan!

Visited March 2013