“Famous pancakes”

Ranked #5 of 6 Dessert in Roatan
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Rudy's is only open from 6am-12pm, Sun-Fri,and serving only breakfast and smoothies. This is until further notice.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We tried Rudy's for brunch due to the recommendations in the guide books and the ratings on Trip advisor and all 5 of us thought it was really good. My husband created a new smoothie combo, banana and coconut which we shared(I'm so glad we shared because the portions are huge)! It was delicious. The omlette was excellent and the banana pancakes lived up to their reputation. Really good. Very nice restaurant, relaxed atmosphere with very clean facilities. some nice photos decorating the walls of marine life My only criticisms were we almost walked by it. with all the vegetation at the front it is difficult to see the entrance unless you are specifically looking for it. Also the vegetation is so dense it is dificult to see the beautiful view from the inside. Service was excellent and the lady was very welcoming and had a great sense of humour.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I have both been to Roatan multiple times, and every time we're there we've made sure to stop by Rudy's (sometimes multiple times a day) for smoothies. They're the best we've ever had. There's really nothing better than sitting in an open-air restaurant on a tropical island, drinking a fruity drink :)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We ate twice at Rudy's and were not disappointed! The setting is simple, but the food is great! Michelle, our server and cook made delicious banana pancakes and a traditional island breakfast for us on the first day. The secret, she says is blending the batter, so that the pancakes are creamy and smooth. I really enjoyed my desayuno typico with the baleadas, refried beans, avocado and cheese. Along with our coffee, which was delicious, I also enjoyed a noni shot. It was all freshly made from scratch, so you have to wait a while for your food, but well worth the wait. Our second breakfast included French toast and I had eggs and toast. Once again, we had coffee and I had another noni shot. Michelle showed me some of the tropical trees that were growing on her property. She also has a couple of parrots that you can see, as well. Her cat also visits with customers. A very homey atmosphere with good down to earth home cooking! I would most definitely eat here again!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband has been talking about the banana pancakes he ate at Rudy's while on his last two solo dive trips. I'm here on Roatan and this morning, I had to find out for myself and I have to agree; they were/are some of the best pancakes I have eaten! When you go, sit at the bar and have a coffee and eat breakfast, meet the locals and enjoy the early morning. They open early, so you can start your day off with something really, really good!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Ah, like clouds full of bananas ... these pancakes are delicious! Be careful, because everything else is ala carte! Good, but a little pricey.

Michelle, the waitress, was very friendly. The place is like a "secret garden."