“Amazing setting, and great hosts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kitesurf Roatan

Kitesurf Roatan
More attraction details
Owner description: Kite School Lessons - Trips - Rental Kite lessons for beginner to advanced riders available. We organize unique Kitesurfing Trips & Downwinders around the Island. If you want to travel light, no problem we also rent kite gear. No matter if you are new to this sport or you have already taken a kite course but some time has passed since... We bring you back in track or introduce you this fascinating sport. We are located in the East End of Roatan, where the wind blows the best. The Kite school is open from December - September. Have a look at our Kite & Yoga or Kite & Dive packages. Please contact us for more informations. We are looking forward to share our passion with you....!!!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing setting, and great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've spent a wonderful time in Roatan with Marilou and Chris. I traveled there on my own last july. I had never kitesurfed before, but they are very good teachers. The spots are amazing, almost always windy and pretty much deserted, a good thing when you are still learning to control the kite. The hotel, Paya Bay, is like a little bit of paradise. It's got many little paths to explore and the yoga platform has an amazing view. The rooms are small but neat and cozy, mine was on the cliff side, directly overlooking the ocean. I was afraid I'd get lonely in such a small place, but Marilou and Chris are always up to share a beer or show us around the island, and there are many thing to do.

1 Thank AlexandraGaudet

Sarasota, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kitesurfing and Paya Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned from a trip to Roatan with my daughter. She a photographer and me a kitesurfer. We spent 3 days with Chris and Marilou and had a great time. Hanford the boat captain took us to the Mangroves and to the Pigeon Keys for a great time. I was on my North 10m both days. Paya Bay was a winner!! Great food, cold beers and hammock time.

We also spent time at the Omega Eco-Jungle lodge and had a great time whitewater rafting and hiking in the rainforest. Both were great.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the ultimate kitesurfing adventure !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Having traveled to many different places in the world (Hawaii, Asia, Europe, Canada, Caribbean) and kited numerous kite spots, I can honestly say that Roatan is my top destination for kitesurfing. When I was checking the forecast several months before, I noticed it was always windy !! In fact they have a huge windy season from December to September. The wind blows all day but especially in the afternoon when the wind shifts Side On, and gets stronger as the day passes by.

Marilou and Chris really gave us the ultimate kitesurfing adventure (the one you always admire in magazines or videos and say to yourself : Wooow, I wish it was me !!).

- 3 hour sunset downwinders every day
- kitesurfing on a picture perfect deserted island with only one palm tree
- downwind in front of many little villages and seeing all the kids run outside to come and meet us and share their smiles
- wave riding in front of the resort and during the downwinders
- having lunch in a remote fishing village (only accessible by boat) and then kite again
- kitesurfing around a superb ship wreck with 1000 shades of blue in the water
- riding perfect flat water for hours
- boosting huge air with Chris and learning new tricks from him …
- Getting to different kite spots with a great boat driver that knows everything there is to know in Roatan ....

All in all, the spot is outstanding and has so much more to offer and to discover.

The yoga and meditation sessions with Marilou on a platform overlooking the ocean in the morning were perfect to awaken those sore muscles and get ready for another great kitesurfing day.

The food at Paya bay resort was excellent especially with tons of freshly picked fruit, freshly caught fish, and the delicious Honduran recipes. The humming birds would come and drink the nectar of the fruits right off our forks. Every room in Paya Bay overlooks the ocean. They are tidy and the beds very comfortable witch lets you have a great night sleep.

I now know why Chris and Marilou chose to live in Roatan, it’s almost to good to be true
Thank you for letting us live this adventure !! I hope we will have some more ‘’ptit’s bouchons’’ with you soon !!

Cheers,

Justin.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Justin B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great kiting - Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent a week with Kitesurf Roatan and it was a blast! Marilou and Chris are great hosts, guides and teachers. They hade everything set up and running like clockwork. We got to ride in amazing spots (like a desert island) and got great tips in a very safe environment. It’s safe to say that this was our best kite trip yet!

If you are a beginner or a pro, you need to contact Kitesurf Roatan to kite on Roatan as they have contacts with the greatest private beaches and set up boat trips to great spots and downwinders.

2 Thank Alexandre P
Chicago, Illinois
“Kite Surfing in Roatan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Christian was very helpful and patient in our son's lesson, making it fun and ensuring he will likely continue to pursue the sport.

Visited March 2013