“Come for the lion fish, stay for the view!”
Review of Lionfish Louie's

Lionfish Louie's
Ranked #117 of 218 Restaurants in Roatan
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Lionfish Louie's is a new relaunch of a test marketed Caribbean franchise opportunity. Lionfish is the most popular item although we sell many favorites including Cuban roasted chicken, pork ribs, BBQ and seafood.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My son hates fish, but he LOVED the lion fish! It's firm and tasty and not at all "fishy". I think a bit like halibut. Eat and enjoy for all the right reasons (save the reef!). Located in a bright yellow clapboard building on the waterfront directly to the right of the circle as you enter town, this place has great food, a friendly owner (Ms. Christine) and a wonderful deck on which to kick back and relax over the water. A definite no brainer when in Half Moon Bay.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

For the uninitiated, lionfish are an invasive species raising havoc with sea life in the Caribbean. SCUBA divers make a point of killing them, but it's a losing battle. Fortunately, however, they are delicious when properly prepared (an exercise which involves removing their quite poisonous spines). Lionfish Louies serves a proper lionfish fillet with fine accompaniments. The service is informal and friendly and the view outstanding. I have rated Lionfish Louies as very good, with the understanding that it is very good for Roatan, which may be faint praise.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Ate here the other night with my husband and 2 sons. We sat outside on the pier, it was a beautiful evening, owner was very friendly, the service was good, and our dinners were fantastic. I'm surprised to see anyone said the lionfish was greasy. We did get a lionfish appetizer, and it was lightly fried but not at all greasy. Also had the sea bass and the lobster -- all were excellent. The dinner was the highlight of our vacation so far, and we've eaten at quite a few restaurants on the West End and West Bay.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I ate at Lionfish Louie's as part of a group of nineteen - despite this the food and service were both excellent. The waitresses were helpful and the food arrived reasonably promptly for such a huge order. The food was delicious, however some of the party complained about small portions. If I ever go to Roatan again, I know where I'll be eating!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ordered fish and chips, was super greasy and soggy. Everything just tasted like old oil. Coleslaw was the tiniest serving and was warm, not a fan of warm coleslaw. Many better and frankly cheaper places.