After many searches on places to stay on Roatan we came across Palmetto Bay from a friend at work that went for his honeymoon. He explained the resort to me as well as the island since I had kids. The simple way of describing this resort is if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of an island town and spend quality time with your kids then this is for you. You do not have a TV or Internet service in your cottage. Which is what I was looking for, kids are getting older 9 and 11 and as soon as you can blink an eye they will not be around for long. You should rent a car, we stopped at the local grocery store and filled up on groceries. The Resort provides all inclusive deals but we only wanted breakfast (which was outstanding) and then we made lunches for the beach and cooked almost every night at the resort. Renting the car helps so then you can explore the island. The Snorkeling around Palmetto is ok, you have some pockets where you can find big conk shells and a little reef of the beach. The Diving is out of this world, one of the best in the area. It is great since the boat is docked at the dock and you do not have to drive to it. Also, you would dive with a small group and not with 15 people. The service a Palmetto is very friendly and respectful. It is a very relax atmosphere and the know how to take care of you. The food was always good and happy hour with great prices. Jose Aquino made our stay very pleasant and always greet us with a smile and also with great suggestions. He made our last night in Roatan unforgettable, a dinner on the beach we will never forget. He was outstanding!
Great snorkel at west bay and also great snuba for the kids. Got to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Resort at Palmetto Bay is a natural paradise situated on a sparkling bay, surrounded by a coral reef. Pristine beaches friendly faces and rhythm that allow you to appreciate the natural beauty are your constant companions. From our white sand beach, you can walk for miles and not encounter "modern civilization". See why so many people have chosen to make Palmetto Bay Plantation their vacation destination and why seven major television shows have filmed programs at our resort including "Temptation Island" on Fox TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Resort at Palmetto Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Bay Plantation Roatan
- The Resort At Palmetto Bay Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands