“Perfect Eco-Friendly Holiday Destination”
Review of Mango Creek Lodge

and 1 more site!
Mango Creek Lodge
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston
“Perfect Eco-Friendly Holiday Destination”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

My partner and I visited Mango Creek Lodge over Thanksgiving. The lodge caters to many varieties of nature enthusiasts. Aside from the beautiful and peaceful surroundings I was most impressed with the friendliness of the owners and staff. From the moment we were picked up at the airport by Terry, I felt like we were visiting family. We all sat down for breakfast and dinner each night, enjoyed conversation, and embarked on day trips. There are many aspects of this unique lodge that people fall in love with, but for me the friendly environment is what made me want to start planning our next visit before the end of our first!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CaitlynCraft

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I came with a group from Huntingdon College. Mango Creek was a fantastic lodge. The cabanas were set up nicely and the staff was second to none. Michael and Walter took us fishing and they definitely knew what they were doing. Michael is extremely passionate about his fishing and Walter was an expert with maneuvering the boat. Michael's sister is the head cook at the lodge and her cooking blew us away. That was by far the best seafood/Hispanic food I've ever had;everything was extremely fresh. Mr. Terry and Mrs. Patrice manage an excellent lodge and were very helpful and eager to show us a great time. Their lodge is nestled in somewhat of a cove and is in a remote location. If you're looking to get away from everything and be immersed in a beautiful landscape this is the place for you.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank McDowell P
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 17 December 2011

For those looking for clubbing, shopping, and being seen -- don't come here. If you want to experience a tropical island in a natural setting with the comforts of fresh hot-water showers, excellent meals, and quiet nights, this could be for you. We chose the date of our stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary on December 1, and though some wouldn't consider the weather ideal, we loved it! It was never too hot, or too cool, and the ocean was warm and clear most the time. The relaxed atmosphere allowed us to enjoy kayaking and snorkeling around the bay on our own, with guided tours to locations further from the lodge. Great snorkeling and relaxing were our goals for the trip and we were not disappointed.

Room Tip: The cabanas over the water provide an experience unlike any hotel. The ocean breeze and fans keep th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Gales Ferry, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My husband and I visited Mango Creek with several friends this past February and are now planning a return visit! I can't wait! We cannot say enough good things about this wonderful paradise and the people there. Mango Creek is definitely a "one of a kind" place. Terry and Patrice are warm, wonderful hosts who are extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. The diving and snorkeling were awesome; the food fantastic (Delia's famous soup is unparalleled anywhere!). Mango Creek is not your typical vacation spot; rather it is a wonderful, natural, unspoiled special place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank JB G
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I stayed there for a week together with another couple and had a great time. My wife relaxed and took some eco tours and fell in love with snorkeling. I was fishing and had a great guide who saw all the fishes I would have run over. Had some nice ones on the line ...
Beautiful weather, great food, dedicated guides and a very nice host. Many thanks to the very commited team of MCL.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Corcoran, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife, 16 yr old son and I stayed for a week in April 2011. We've traveled extensively and were attracted more for the diving. We were the only guests for most of the week and Terry couldn't have been more attentive or accommodating (Patrice was out of the country). We are pretty relaxed travelers and tend not to like the "polished" resort scene. MCL serves lodge style dining - chef's choice and we all really enjoyed the food. and the diving was excellent. Leif was a very good divemaster and my reluctant wife enjoyed her dive. My son and I dove several days and the diving was excellent. We also fished one day, didn't have great luck, but a good time nonetheless. If you want a "glossy" resort where you don't have any social contact with other guests or staff, don't go to MCL. If you enjoy people, this is a great place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank K2G2
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Stayed with my wife at MCL with another couple and the guys enjoyed the fly fishing while the wife's enjoyed relaxing and the many Eco tours provided. Fishing is great and we had a Grand Slam (permit, bonefish, tarpon) on the fly within three hours. Great and dedicated guides will get you into fish.. The lodge is in a remote area away from the crazy west side of Roatan.

• Stayed October 2011