“Lovely stay in Cabana on the water.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mango Creek Lodge

Mango Creek Lodge
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Kemah, Texas
“Lovely stay in Cabana on the water.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here at this boutique resort. My cabana was first class with beautiful wood floors and hand carved entry door. Each cabana is situated over the water so I could snorkel from my own private deck. The scuba diving was very good, and only 10 minutes by boat. The restaurant menu offered lots of healthy choices and I especially liked the lobster. Managers Doc and Dee Dee and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. Beautiful grounds and ocean views. Loved my stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bowie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I had a great time at MCL. Doc, Dee Dee, and staff were great hosts. The food was amazing and they catered to what you like. The lobster was huge and out of this world.

We went to a small island to snorkel. During that time, the crew setup a wonderful picnic and let us really enjoy our snorkeling adventure to the fullest.

They also set us up with a local scuba instructor who did a great job in showing patience and was very clear in his instructions and made you feel safe and comfortable the whole time.

Thanks Doc, Dee Dee, and staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tuskahoma, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I traveled to this beautiful paradise with a group of co-workers to experience the all inclusive features plus other features that this Eco friendly resort offers. The creative cabanas with decks are built over the water resulting in ocean breezes and sound of the ocean waves rocking us to sleep every night. Doc and Dee Dee are the best host/hostess offering their hospitality to make our trip one of a kind. Superior food with full bar, Snorkeling, Diving, multiple fishing trips and even experienced one of our co-workers getting married!! Truly a vacation of a lifetime for us!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Frisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I spent a week at Mango Creek in mid-May, ostensibly for some fly fishing. Like most of the caribbean at the time, the weather decided not to cooperate so fishing was a bit off. Nevertheless, my guide at Mango Creek was outstanding and always strived to put me on fish. The lodge lies just inside the reef, so flats are just a stone's throw away. DD and Doc manage the facility and are simply fantastic, as is the staff. (Doc makes one heck of a maitai!) From the moment you step off the boat (just a short ride) everyone strived to make my stay pleasant. The accommodations are unique cabanas that are situated over the water. They are very comfortable, clean, and relaxing with their own deck and chaise lounge for just sitting and watching the world go by. The remote location of the lodge provides a quiet comfortable ambience. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I traveled to this beautiful Eco Resort in February 2014. We had the best time Fishing, Snorkeling, and Diving. We had luxury accommodations, wonderful food, and bottomless adult drinks at our disposal. This all inclusive getaway would be on my top 10 things to do on vacation of all time. I look forward to coming back again next year to visit the Lodge and see my friends Doc and DD that manage the place. They truly make the experience for you while you are there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same. All with hand carved wood and comfortable beds.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Mango creek factored-into one of the stops on a Roatan honeymoon and delivered beautifully. Doc and Dee Dee are beyond fun and hospitable and the accommodations are so unique. Great care goes into the cabanas and they are built with a creative touch unlike anything I have ever seen. My biggest regret is not sampling the local sport fishing more but that was not the purpose of the stay anyway. I would caution anyone seeking a beach that this may not be your place but aside from that this place is delightfully isolated. We snorkeled several times right off of our cabana as well as by a nearby rock (via kayak) = fun!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Aurora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The 4 of us are still dreaming about those black tails cruising the flats. What a great trip and unexpected numbers of Permit. We were all geared for the bonefish but never imagined so many of Permit. Of all the years we've fished the Keys, We've never been able to "wade" and sight cast to tailing fish.

We had fish well over 25lbs within feet of us tailing on the hard bottom flats against the backdrop of aqua blue seas and coral reefs. What a sight!

The cabana's were excellent, right on the ocean. The lodge was great, food fresh and well prepared and staff exceptional. DD and Doc run a great show.

We are already planning next years trip and bringing a few more couples.

Mike, Nancy, Pete and Myriam

Room Tip: There are no bad ones.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends