If you are looking for a private spot with natural beauty, this is it. We spent 2 weeks in Roatan during the rainy season--4 nights at this 10 room resort. Most tourists stay on the West side of the island--restaurants, bars, etc. We were looking for a quiet end to our vacation. This resort is about an hour drive from the west end, and about a 20 minute drive on unpaved road. We had a small 4 wheel drive (jeep type) and it was not a problem getting there, although it was extremely muddy. The drive was worth it! The grounds have walking trails. There are two beaches and a "private cove" where clothes are optional. This is a family run resort, and they could not be nicer!! The restaurant is very pretty with inside and outside dining--the food is good, not great, and you really do not have many other options of restaurants close by, but the view and the friendliness of the staff made up for it. I would definitely recommend Paya Bay to anyone wanting a truly beautiful spot offering tranquility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands