My husband and I traveled to Paya Bay for our honeymoon in September. Upon arrival to the hotel, I was blown away. The view is amazing and so romantic! September is part of the rainy season on Roatan... but we feel it only added to the beauty of Paya Bay. The rain would be a light shower that lasted no more than 20 minutes during the day. And at night, we'd have some heavier rain storms -- but it was beautiful watching it come in while we sat outside on our porch that overlooked the ocean.
The food at Paya Bay is excellent! We ate so much during our stay! Charlie was very accomodating to our needs... even picked us some fresh coconuts to have for dessert. The key lime pie and coconut pies were to die for! Also, make sure you have some lobster -- so fresh! The fresh island picked fruit and oatmeal for breakfast was more than enough to hold us over.
My husband and I love to snorkel -- which is included in your stay. We went to various sites by boat with Tom daily. The reef is absolutely breathtaking. Tom even took us to a local pub after a day of snorkeling. Was great to enjoy a beer and the view, right over the water.
The beaches at Paya Bay are beautifully mantained and private. Most days we felt like we were the only two people in the world. Perfect for a honeymoon!
This hotel is extremely quiet and private... which is exactly what we'd hoped for. If you are looking for some more action -- I'm sure the staff will take you out to West End/Bay for a night of partying.
The only complaint we have is not really the hotel's fault -- more so the government. The electricity is run by diesel generators, which is very costly and detrimental to the environment. The electricity would go off once in a while during the day -- but most of the time we were at the beach or on the boat. So we didn't notice. The hotel owner told us about the electricity issues, and how they have plans to set up a windmill to produce energy. Kudos to them for going green! One more reason for you to book your stay with paya bay...
We will definitely be back, possibly to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands