Paya Bay is a hidden gem off the beaten track. Located on the Eastern end of the island, it is away from the busy-ness of West End and the more generic, US-style resorts of West Bay. What really sets Paya Bay apart is the freindliness and happiness of the staff. The owners are Roatan natives, rather than North Americans who have decided to try their hand at making a buck in paradise, and the difference shows. Food is wholesome, and plentiful (we booked an all-inclusive deal), and suitable to all palates, nothing wild or extravagant- so if you are a foodie, don't come expecting to be blown away. The rooms are lovely, with interesting ins and outs. There are some oddities that remind you you are not in the US, but I choose to look at them as unique charm, and not a negative. After all, if you wanted to be in a US resort, you'd have already booked your trip to Disney, right? Geckos chuckle in the evenings, and the view from the rooms overlooking the bays are spectacular, changing throughout the day as the lighting changes. My favorite was to watch thunderstorms come in (we came during the rainy season, which was really wonderful, rain and sun every day was a beautiful combination) from our balcony, or from the beautiful deck out front of the cliff side restaurant/reception area. a hand crafted Yoga studio overlooking the water is nestled in the jungle, and Yoga with Brooke as dusk turned into night was a magical and peaceful experience.
Without a doubt, the crown jewel of Paya Bay are the private beaches and walking paths. Located in the clothing optional area of the resort, their are beautiful alcoves and nature areas scattered about the property, each one more peaceful and beautiful than the last.
My stay there was wonderful, and re-centered me after a hectic week prior. I left the resort relaxed, and happy for my experiences, looking forward to returning in the near future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands