Paya Bay, hands down, ranks amongst the most relaxing, soulful and fun getaways we have ever been on. The grounds are impeccably maintained, and vast: there are hiding places and paths everywhere to just wander and discover and think (or not). The service was exquisite, starting with DaVinci (one of the owners, check out his blog), Jose the driver extraordinaire, Charlotte and Eric at the restaurant, the chefs, boat and snorkel leader Tom, and so many others; getting to know these wonderful people was an added treat.
Highly suggest the rooms located on the cliff, with the waves crashing below as you sleep. Morning coffee on a private deck (bring a French press), well appointed with a lovely bathroom, fridge, etc. The sunshine is dreamy, and there are many places to find it (or find shade) and take a plunge.
Chose a naturism week, but that is at select times (check the calendar); even then it really is whatever comfort level one might have. Terrific guests (only 24 max). The food was succulent and lush like the island itself; even better, the standard menu and daily specials were healthy, not to mention the yoga on a high cliff overlooking the clear blue expanse. We are not divers, but those who were seemed quite pleased as well.
While many day trips are offered and we expected to leave the resort to go explore, we instead found ourselves having one of the best vacations of our lives at the resort, steeped in more tranquility than we thought possible. – aaron and charité
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands