I have been here twice and cannot wait to return. My most recent visit was just a day trip from a cruise ship, but have also spent a week here previously.
Truly unique place. Located on the east side of the island, 8km down an unpaved road. Privately owned by a very nice family who will take very good care to ensure you have a nice time. There is a restaurant/main building perched on a rock formation. On either side are beaches. There is also a small pool. The somewhat hilly terrain provides interesting and beautifully scenic walks. Plenty of secluded areas to hang out all day in the sun or shade. The food in the restaurant is great... Great seafood. Staff are all very friendly.
For exercise there are several options: small gym, yoga and snorkeling. I have done some of my most memorable snorkeling here. The staff will take you out to different areas for snorkeling - to the wall or remote island. The snorkeling options will not disappoint.
The resort also offers excursions to some local places. For example, there are a couple boat only communities such as, Oakridge, which is a must see.
For room choice, the best of the few rooms that are closest to the restaurant and also perched on the rock formation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands