Stayed at the Paya Bay Resort in March 2009 for 7 nights.How do we begin to describe this incredible place . Well to begin the family that owns and runs the resort as well as the staff, are such a wonderful group of people.The entire McNab family as well as Lucy, Lisa, Marcy and staff make this place so very special.
After a very long and tiring journey we arrived to such warmth and friendliness and a delicious meal! We awoke the next morning to the most incredible view from our cliff room # 4. We began to explore the magnificent property on which the resort lies. Every path would lead to a beautiful spot . Could not stop taking photos.
The McNab family truly put their heart and souls into creating this bit of heaven on earth!
Love all the signs along the pathways "The Zen Path", "Secret Cove", Bucaneer Landing", and our favorite "The Good Energy Tree". This place has good energy all around .
The very friendly staff will go out of their way and Davinci McNab gives the place a very cool ,spiritual vibe. Loved doing yoga at sunset at Bucaneer Cove with Davinci, Lisa and Lucy . Davinci is a wonderful host . Loved the family style dinner we had one night with the other guests.
Captain Tom Mcnab took us to a wonderful snorkel sight not to far off from the resort.
He is very accommodating and will take you snorkeling twice a day if you like.
The reef was beautiful! We also highly recommend a day trip to Pigeon Cay which the resort will arrange. Incredible snorkeling!
As far as food goes every meal was a delight. The freshest fruits ,veggies, meats and seafood. Loved the breakfast omelets and our afternoon fruit plates.
Oh and we can't forget Lucky the Paya Bay Resort resident dog. Loved inviting him into our room for a quick nap.He was such a great addition to the friendly hospitality and warmth of our stay.
Paya Bay was truly the ultimate getaway for us .Everything you need is here. Hiking, snorkeling,biking,massage on the beach, great food and pure relaxation. So if you are looking for a remote location to get away from it all, with incredible beauty all around and a wonderful staff then don't miss out on Paya Bay Resort!
Thank you McNab family and Paya Bay staff for such a wonderful stay!
Brian and Shelly
Redondo Beach, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands