We were a party of 3 scuba divers looking for an all inclusive dive package, lodging, meals and diving.We had a wonderful time at this simple, clean, lovely resort run by a wonderful family. We were picked up at the airport and taken to the Resort by the daughter of the owners and their grandaughter, met by the husband and wife/owners, and served meals by their son. We were warmly recieved and felt like family. Justin, the dive shop owner met us and was ready with all the forms, equipment, schedules and information that very same evening. About the lodging, our rooms were on the cliff, built out over the Carribean! A wonderful view from our small balcony. It was airconditioned (for comfort at night) though it wasn't necessary during the day, as a lovely breeze filled the room. The meals were generous and Charles the chef made every effort to please us; of course, seafood abounded! We pushed a little though to get, "the local food", "comida tipica" and were delighted, as were they at being able to share it! The diving was great, this is a less crowded part of the Island and as a result, fewer divers, healthier corals and sponges. As with many Islands, you need a repellent for the "no-see-ums", don't forget it! This is a secluded spot on the Island and there is no "night life", so if your looking for parties, stay with the crowds on the West end. But for diving, dining, and pure relaxation, this is it! It was a great price for lodging, meals and 3 dives a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands