We stayed at Paya Bay the week of August 19th to the 26th. We did an all-inclusive dive package. The only thing not included was the liquor.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay, we had a cliff room and the view was beautiful. The rooms are plain with unfinished wood floors, no carpets except in the bathroom. We had a small refrig stocked with bottled water. Our room was a corner room so we had an additional window facing the West towards the private beach. The balcony was a bit smaller than the photo online shows, which was a bit of a disappointment. But the room was clean and comfortable overall.
We were one of 3 couples staying that week at the property. Since you are in the middle of nowhere it was great to have met some wonderful people from Texas, Lori and Noland. We had blast with them and made some great friends.
The food was excellent. Madeline our cook for the week went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed and her cooking was outstanding! She surprised us with many hors d'oeuvres in the afternoons and excellent meals. She even made us Mango Jam to take home! I also smuggled in some hot pepper seeds, which she carefully wrapped in plastic and a paper towel! She was wonderful. Elsa and Tom the wait staff were also wonderful and showed us much hospitality. Can't say enough about the staff at the hotel.
The diving was pretty good. Being at the East End of the island and on the Northside, the water was usually rough, epecially in the afternoons when the wind picked up. This limited our ability to go to several divesites. The boat captain Richard, Madelines husband, was wonderul to us. He was very helpful and always made sure we had everything we needed. Justin the divemaster was also wonderful. He is from the Milwaukee area, the same as us. We had many wonderful dives. The reefs are pretty healthy except for the brown algea this time of year, due to the warmer waters.
Everyone at the resort went out of their way to make our stay a good one. We would come back again. Thanks everybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paya Bay Beach Resort is Roatan's Ultimate Escape. Located on the pristine east end, it is Roatan's premier boutique hotel. Perched atop a bluff with private beaches on each side, Paya Bay features 10 uniquely designed rooms and an amazing restaurant. Paya Bay's on-site dive operation, Dive Roatan, specializes in underwater tours and training for one to ten divers. Paya Bay also offers: flats fishing, boat tours, hiking and of course relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Paya Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paya Bay Hotel Roatan
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Hotel
- Paya Bay Beach Dive Resort
- Paya Bay Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands