My husband and I just returned from 2 weeks at the Turquoise Bay Resort. We were amazed by the quality of the food, really liked our room with a view of the ocean and the sunsets, the diving and snorkling were first-rate, the staff was attentive and friendly, and the rooms were clean.
What we really didn't like were the bugs. We had rain for the first 5 days of our 2-week holiday, and while we were expecting sand flies and mosquitoes, we weren't expecting so many of them. The hotel staff did spray, but the rain washed all the spray away before it could do anything.
We were the oldest guests at the hotel (late 60's), but because it is small and intimate and friendly, we felt very comfortable with all the other guests. After a couple of days everyone is on a first name basis, which means that if you aren't diving or snorkling there is always someone to talk to if you wish.
After our return we discussed going back, and, with several cans of bug spray we will definitely return to Turquoise Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Roatan's Northeast shore Turquoise Bay is the only dive resort in this lush and remote area of the island providing you with the opportunity to dive uncrowded, pristine dive sites. The resort is set on a hillside with spectacular ocean views and a protected bay which makes the water calm and perfect for swimming and kayaking. Beach lovers will enjoy our private, tranquil, 500 ft white-sand beach.At Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort you will enjoy the very individual and personal service that only a small dive resort can offer. Our friendly local staff takes pride in getting to know our guests and making them feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turquoise Bay Hotel Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Roatan
- Turquoise Bay Dive & Beach Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands