“ziplining, macaws and monkeys!”
Review of Gumbalimba Park

Ranked #16 of 80 things to do in Roatan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A lot of fun for the whole family! I think there were 12 ziplines, some of them were pretty long. We had a large group, so that took quite a while, but it was still a good time.

From there, we took the tour to check out the animals. There were always iguanas nearby, we saw a sloth sleeping in the tree above us. The macaws were colorful and entertaining. And then the monkeys...they do not hesitate to jump on your shoulder. or your head! The kids and adults all loved it!

1  Thank Christine K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A park with many things to see and do. We did a guided tour where we saw lots of iguanas, macaws, and capuchins. The macaws will sit on you and pose for a picture. My wife and I especially enjoyed the capuchins who were cute and fun. We also spent time at the beach located at the park. It was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank cubsproat
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We held monkeys and macaws; saw other nature birds and animals, walked a suspension bridge, and saw a sloth sleeping in a tree. The trip from the port to park was interesting, seeing the local culture - on both sides of the economic scale.

You are not allowed bags in the park, but lockers are available at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Bob4922
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Going into this I had no idea what to expect but I was amazed but what I was seeing. You start a guided tour and get to see different bugs and birds. The hummingbirds were really neat to see because they do get close to you. Walking through you will see a million lizards, we made a game of it to see how many we could find. But the best part of all of this was the monkeys. They are super cute and will climb all over you. The people who work there will feed them sun flower seeds while they're sitting on you. It is amazing experience. Be careful though if you are wearing a shirt with pockets, the monkeys will go looking through them for food. Super cute and would defiantly recommend to anyone of any age.

1  Thank Olivia P
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our cruise offered a shore excursion to the park so my family decided to go on it. From the port, the drive is 40 minutes on windy rides, but the view of the ocean is very pretty. There is a lot of walking uphills, so I do not recommend this is you are unable to do that. To get to the monkeys and parrots, you have to go other a suspension bridge, which felt a little unstable at times. The parrots were very pretty and would steal your buttons on hats and shirts, so don’t wear your hat or button shirts here. There were 20+ monkeys and new born baby when you went. If you are like me and don’t like animals really touching you, then be careful here, as the monkeys will jump on your shoulders and take your belongings. You can’t avoid the monkey so know that when doing the tour. The insectarium to me was boring, but if you like bugs you’ll like the area. You can’t bring any bags to the monkey area, so you have to rent a locker that was inexpensive. All in all, it was a beautiful park with plenty of beautiful wildlife and animals.

1  Thank Mikaela O