Rubi's Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Utila
See available hotels
Utopia Village(Utila)
  • Breakfast included
Art Deco Beach(La Ceiba)
View Hotel
All reviewsmini fridgehoneymoon suiterooms are cleaned every daywouldn't stay anywhere elsefree wifipicnic tablesprivate balconyclean roomsper nightceiling fandive centrefishhammocksdockwatersupermarketensuite
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

My friends and I planned on staying in utila for 4 days. Upon arrival, we were shown around town and we really liked Rubi's inn. We ended up staying for two weeks due to taking a diving course and just loving utila and the inn. The rooms are very clean and spacious, with mini fridges and private bathrooms. The beds are comfortable. Our room was a little warm in the middle if the day but we were on the top floor. At all other times of the day, it was fine.

There is a shared kitchen which is small but well stocked. My favorite thing had to be the dock right on the property. The swimming is excellent and you can even see some sealife right under and around the dock. I saw an eel and many crabs, tangs and barracuda.
There is a small barbecue available as well as picnic tables and hammocks and lounge chairs.

Mr Rubi and his wife, Rosa, are the kindest people I met on Utila. Mr Rubi always offered help when we needed it and let us use his phone if we really needed it. They are just extremely friendly and welcoming. The price is excellent. He also rents snorkel gear which is great.

We ended up having to return to utila for dental work and were welcomed back with open arms. Thanks for a great three weeks!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AlyssaB886
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Firstly, the place is pretty awesome. Only $20 a night and cheaper when diving with Parrots Dive Centre. They have a cool dock to swim off and it is close to the supermarket etc...

The owners are really nice and helpful.

But the cleaner is the main selling point. We we out on the first day and left our stuff kind of thrown over the spare bed, all messy like. When we got back everything was organised. Girls and guys clothes piles. In order of size. Computer packed away, bathroom toiletries all to size in order, necklaces in order, everything! In all my time no cleaner has been anywhere near as good. Or honest.

I would honestly stay here just for the service.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Mykimike25
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have been to Utila 5 times, and every time I go I stay at Rubi's and am never disappointed. They have some of the best rooms on the island. They are clean and the staff is extremely helpful. Plus the dock is a great place to hand out during the day. The location is perfect, right in the middle of everything. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha B
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I just spent 5 weeks at Rubi's and I couldn't be a happier guy! Tony and Rosa are fantastic people and the run a tight ship and they don't put up with any nonsense. This place is spotless! In my 5 weeks there wasn't a single incident of theft at Rubi's. Utila doesn't have much in the way of beaches, but at Rubi's, there is a beautiful dock, with a ladder, to swim off and lie in the sun. There are plenty of hammocks on the shade if you just want to veg with your laptop on their WiFi. There is a communal kitchen that you can use, but in 5 weeks I only cooked once! Food on the island is amazing with a full dinner consisting of two huge Baleada's, massive taco's, that I could barely finish for only $3.00 to $7.00 for an incredible seafood dinner of Marlin, Calamari, Snapper, Barracuda and much more! People showed up daily with their guidebooks in hand looking for a room and most were disappointed because it was mostly fully booked. Call Rosa ahead of time and make a reservation, don't send emails they're not tech savvy and you probably won't get a reply, phone. Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank southamptonbythesea
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We loved this place. The owners were very nice and helpful. The chillout area was so relaxing and even though it was raining during our stay we had a great time reading books and just do nothing in the hammocks listening to the ocean. It was the most relaxed place we have been to during our travels throughout Central America . They will do yout laundry for you with a smile!
I cant recommend this place highly enough if you visit bay islands. Its totally worth its price!
They also have a nice kitchen were you can cook your own meals and save some money!

Room Tip: The room at the second floor with ocean view has it own hammock on a private balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple