“Best accommodation on our trip through Central America”

Lazy Daze on the Bay
Ranked #2 of 14 Utila B&B and Inns
“Best accommodation on our trip through Central America”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We'd thoroughly recommend you stay at Lazy Daze on the Bay. My wife and I stayed here while taking a 'free diving' course of the island.

Rob, the manager, collected us from the Ferry and tookus to the airport on our departure - this service went far beyond what we'd been used to, yet it appeared to be the norm for Rob. He was always around to help us arrange things or provide advice when sought.

The accommodation is clean, comfortable with good wifi, cable TV to watch after a tiring day out and AC. We thought it represented great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank RichF004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 30 June 2013

After staying in another inn on Utila, we needed to find one with Wi-fi. We moved to this place, and I am SO glad we did! It made a world of difference!! The rooms are well equipped, and both drinking water and wi-fi are free! Our stay on Utila was improved greatly! We loved it here! We went diving at Alton's, and it's two doors down! Rob was so helpful and very pleasant to work with! I hope to return to Utila soon, and I will definitely come back to Lazy Daze!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Utila, Honduras
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here in the beginning of June. It was an amazing break from the usual back packing accommodation and well worth the extra money money. Located over the water you have an uninterrupted view of the sunset every night and there's a cool breeze all through the day so you barely ever need the air conditioning.

Rob was there whenever we needed him and generally made our trip perfect. Can't thank you enough Rob.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay in the Boat House!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boomer84
Greater Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

After a long morning searching through many different accomodation options on utila we stumbled upon (and hit the jackpot) with lazy daze. Rob the owner is an absolutely pleasure to deal with, the house over the water is total luxury and after 2 months of backpacking we couldnt believe our luck!
The house sits on stilts over the Caribbean, the kitchen has everything you need.. we even made a birthday cake in the oven.. and the decor inside is beautiful with a really homely, relaxed, beachy feel..
We would highly recommend lazy daze as the best option hands down on Utila and hope to return someday soon;)

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Roisin K
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I had brought my mom on this Bay Islands vacation as a 65th birthday gift, & I sure did my research. I had no personal referrals & had no idea what to expect. I made my reservation at The Boat House about a month in advance, & let me tell you, the pictures on the website don't do it justice. Rob stayed in very close contact with me prior to our arrival & reserved our charter flight from roatan & back, in addition to our golf cart rental, & endless amazing recommendations of what to do & what not to do during our visit. He was literally there at our beckoned call & we felt so well taken care of we hadn't a care in the world. I wished we had spent way more time on Utila on the Boat House as opposed to the majority of our time on Roatan. You can guarantee that I'll be recommending Lazy Daze & Rob to whoever states they're going to Utila. Excellent!!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sarah g
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I just spent 3 months traveling tropical Central America. My 6 weeks stay at Lazy Daze on Utila was by far the best time I had during my 3 month adventure. I researched extensively places to stay on Utila prior to my arrival in mid January and correctly chose Lazy Daze. I traveled solo and stayed in one of the 2 one bedroom apartments. Rob Smith the manager is great; very attentive and concerned about the guests.
Lazy Daze is a small boutique inn located on the harbor front. Utila has a lot of hostel and lower priced lodging for the back packing crowd. Lazy Daze is far superior to the standard lodging offered on Utila. If you want to rent a fully appointed apartment with air conditioning, be situated on the harbor front and desire secure premises this is the best choice on the island.
Lazy Daze's location on the main harbor road is ideal. This is a very busy and noisy road however Lazy Daze is located past the main congestion so there is much less traffic and noise. It is within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and the dive centers as well as a beach and there is a 10 minute walk to reef snorkeling. If you plan to dive with Alton's Dive Center this is the perfect choice for lodging. There is considerable marine wildlife swimming by and around the dock from sea horses, snapper, turtles, eagle rays, tarpon, barracuda and more. The boating activity in the harbor never ends and the sunsets are a bonus. I spent many hours swimming along the harbor front docks.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sky S
St. Marys, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2013

First time to Utila, first solo trip. After a week in Roatan with family and friends l travelled solo for my second week to Utila. As a middle aged woman travelling alone safety was high on the list. Rob Smith the manager didn't disappoint. There early every morning to open the gates and every evening to ensure the gates where locked and make sure all was good with his guests. We all had keys to get in and out if we chose to be out at night which after the first night l knew l was safe on this little island and very comfortable. I had everything l needed to be comfortable at lazy daze, when my microwave quit working it was replaced in minutes. Swimming and snorkeling right off the dock and chairs set out to enjoy the sunset every night. If diving is what you enjoy you don't have far to go to find it ! l dove with Altons two doors down so sit and relax on the dock and enjoy your coffee until you see action on the docks at Altons and then you know it's time to start your day off with a good dive. You won't find many cars on the island except the garbage truck everyone else uses tuk-tuks, scooters and bikes. lf you want to go on any excursions talk to Rob !, he's been on the island for a long time now and can hook you up for anything you might want to do at a good price. Some others will over charge you if they can. I will definetly go back and will stay at Lazy Daze again. If you enjoy a beach cottage atmospher you will not be disappointed staying here just on the outskirts of the center of town where it's much quieter.

Room Tip: l would of been happy in any of the rooms but l did ask for one looking out at the Bay
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo