BayView Hotel
Coral Beach Village(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Colibri Hill Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Sea Eye Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Mango Inn Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Tropical Sunset Hotel(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Utila Lodge(Utila)(Great Value!)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Hotel Rose(Utila)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Pursue any other option than this one! I had a pretty similiar issue as the free_tibet75 review except it revolved around when we wanted to stay and pay for a second night. The daughter quoted us at $30-night plus tax and when it was time to pay the mom insisted it was $45 per night and would not compromise and told us that it is like this on the whole island. The worst part about the whole argument was that the daughter changed her story even though we told her verbatim what each room she priced us at. If she wasn't sure, then the daughter should never have rented the room to us in the first place. We left that night and went a little bit down the road and found a much better place for the price range we wanted to stay in. Because of this incident I would never recommend this hotel and suggest to avoid the hassle we had to go through when there are so many more options on the island to pursue.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bufanda j
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I opted to stay here even though I knew my diving accommodations would probably be included in a diving package. I didn't want to be pressured into making a decision I might regret later... so I took my time while researching dive schools on the island. It's been 10 days since my arrival... and six days into my decision to stay to dive... and I don't regret a penny of it!!! Not only have I had room #18 with own private patio and bay view... but they have been so welcoming, I feel like a member of their own family. If I had it to do all over again... I would!!! Sincerest thanks to The Bodden Family for making my stay so wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Room #18 is a newer room... and the only one with a private patio, although the entire property is on the bay!!! It's also in a nice quiet location, and close to good eats, too!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DJDJ5
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed here for about 4 nights while we were in Utila. Keep in mind if you are going to dive, then your accommodations are included in the trip and you won't have to make reservations because there are plenty of hotels and dive shops. Bayview was nice, we stayed in the Air conditioned room 10 on the end with a gorgeous view. We had a balcony overlooking the bay. The AC worked well and it even had a fan and small fridge in the room. They cleaned the room daily and were happy to answer any questions. The cost was $50 a night for two people and $60 a night for three.

Most places in Central America offer free potable water refills for their guests if you have a water bottle. The only thing about this place is that they collect rain water. But we drank it and it didn't affect our health at all. It is in a good location that you are close to town, but far enough away that you don't hear the constant passing of quads and dirt bikes. Also if you keep going past the hotel and head toward Chepes beach, you can lunge around and grab a kayak and snorkel gear for a gorgeous fun filled day. Good luck! Utila was pretty cool

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I went to Utila with no idea where to stay, we walked up and down the street all day in search of a cute, clean and CHEAP place to stay. We went to Hotel Utila and hated everything about it. The next day we stumbled apon the bayview and spent the next two weeks there. The room was cleaned daily, the owners are great, manicured lawn, free dock/water front view, coffee maker, hot water and a fan. I didnt want to spend a lot of money on a place to stay, but i also wasnt about to share a bathroom. the bayview is perfect for those who dont need need much, but appreciate a great view and clean room.

fyi we payed $20 a night,my mom also moved to the bayview and for the second floor room with private deck and fridge was only $5 more.

please give this hotel your business, they deserve it and they are great people. you wont be sorry.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dena c
Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Bayview Inn is in a prime location in town and is an oceanfront property, which was lovely. The rooms are basic but it is a great deal for the beautiful location and landscaping.

The down side of Bayview is that we were charged a $10 "laundry" fee because we had to leave after 1 night even though we had reserved our room for 3 nights. The woman told us that we wouldn't pay this $10 fee if we had stayed all 3 nights, but because we had to leave early, it cost $10 US Dollars to wash our sheets! After much negotiation on our part, she didn't budge and we paid the fee and left a bit disgruntled. We felt bad that we were unable to keep our 3 night reservation but did not feel like we should get penalized so much. I cannot imagine that it costs $10 USD anywhere in the world to wash a set of sheets....

Also, she told us this was the policy all over Utila which wasn't true. The very next place we went to a few nights later not only did not charge any laundry fees for staying just 1 night, they were considerably cheaper (Hotel Bavaria) and offered comparable room amenities.

Overall, I would recommend Bayview if you are staying multiple nights, however, be sure to confirm the price and any fees in advance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple