“My favorite eatery in Utila”
Review of Driftwood Cafe - CLOSED

Driftwood Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Driftwood Cafe Bar and Grill sits over the Caribbean Sea. The East Wind is usually always blowing. There is an outside Dock and Open Veranda to enjoy. We seat up to 75 people. A Great place to watch a sunset, swim, snokel or dive.The Food is Awesome and we have a great staff..Come enjoy the day with us, or dinner or hang out at the Bar.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Even though the little island is full of good restaurants, we fell in love with this place. The food was excellent - the pork chops and the skewers were sensational - but the staff is over-the-top friendly and helpful. We had a great time drinking on the dock, and would stop in this place most days just for a few toddies and to chat up the staff. When I close my eyes and think about Utila, this joint is what I tend to envision.

There are newer reviews for Driftwood Cafe

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We make it a point to visit Driftwood once on each trip - it's definitely the best food on the island but it is on the pricier side. I think their creamy garlic sauce could almost make shoe rubber taste good! They are known on the island for the fish stew, which we ordered to split between the four of us in addition to our meals. We all enjoyed it, but if you don't like fishy fish I would skip this one. Personally, I could have eaten that for a meal, but then I would have to miss the garlic sauce. Like most places on Utila, they are on island time - order a drink and enjoy the views over the water if you get there before sunset while waiting for your food.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lol Monki Balls are the famous shot this bar is known for. We went their several times after diving all day and the laid back atmosphere was welcome. It was so nice to sit out on the pier with a cold drink. Fair warning they do often seem to be working on island time so don't necessarily expect the speediest service. But the staff is charming and very friendly.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Food was amazing.... but it took almost 2 hours.... and service... oh well there wasnt service at all

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

This place is right on the water and has great views. My husband and I split one meal and didn't drink anything and spent about $36. I don't think it was worth that much money. Our server was nice, but the cook was late to work so we had to wait over 30 mins for our one meal to arrive. Would go here for the views but can find better food for better price elsewhere.