“The biggest steak ever!”
Review of RJ's Barbecue

RJ's Barbecue
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“The biggest steak ever!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was definitely our favourite place to eat whilst on Utila! They always served a selection of locally caught fish, and I was lucky enough to try barracuda, along with having 2 steaks and a pork chop (we visited 4 times in total!)
The portion sizes were huge, and we were always stuffed when we left. The steak was the biggest Ive ever seen, and very tasty, with a nice glaze.
You can see the chef out the back on the bbq, grilling the orders,
which is lovely to see.
The meats change every time its open, depending on whats available, and the sides change too. The meats get crossed off the board as the night goes on and they run out, so its best to go prety earlyish, and it was always busy, so sometimes there'd be a wait for a table!

The only downside, is that it is only open 3 nights a week!!!!

Visited July 2013

Los Angeles, California
“My favorite in Utila”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Of the restaurants I tried while in Utila (RJ's, Driftwood, Babalu, Fuking Wok, and Che Pancho), RJ's was my favorite by far. If I had more time, and if RJ's opened every night, I would have gone back again and again until I tried every single item on the menu (lamb, steak, pork, several different types of grilled fish, etc.). Not only was the food delicious, but the portions huge and prices surprisingly budget-friendly. I think my grilled fish was only $6 - 7. The pork chop was excellent, too, and I hear the restaurant uses locally grown pork.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Go early to get a seat”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place is only open Wed, Fri and Saturdays in July and for special party events. There is a lot of selection and a lot of the food is barbequed out back. Food portions were large, prices reasonable. I had the Mahi Mahi and it was cooked to perfection. I wanted to eat there every night it was open. If you get there later, there is a line up and they run out of the better selections. A lot of the local had takeout.

Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great BBQ Even for A Texan”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Being from Texas I am critical about the BBQ I eat. RJ (only open Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday) does it right. Large portions at a great price. Get there early before they sell out. The steak and pork are our favorite.

Visited August 2013
California, USA
“Good food and lots of it”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

When hungry and on a budget, RJ's is the place to go. It's only open three days a week and gets busy so get there early. They use only local fresh fish and quality meats. The amount of food and the price were both amazing. It was a perfect place to go on those nights you wanted a little splurge without breaking the budget.

Visited June 2013