“great center and instructors to learn SCUBA!”

Underwater Vision Dive Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: At our locally owned and managed 5 Star PADI Instructor Development Resort (awarded by PADI to only those centers offering the highest level of diver education) we are at the hub of scuba diving for all visitors to the tropical paradise that is Utila, Bay Island, Honduras. Since being established we pride ourselves on offering first rate PADI dive tuition, the latest diver education and the very best personal service from our professional staff. Our scuba dive instructors are trained in the latest recreational and technical diving courses. We are proud partners of Project AWARE and strive for the betterment of Utila. Our passionate and experienced staff are PADI Instructors and Emergency First Response trained.
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great center and instructors to learn SCUBA!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

What a great experience. Was completely new to diving and got my PADI Open Water certification here. Underwater Vision is full of travelers from all over the world. My instructor, Sam Vidler, was a brilliant instructor with great patience and demonstrations (something he'll proudly boast :D) Can't wait to dive some more!

1 Thank FeeTeng

• Hebrew first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best backpacker experience :D”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I heard about this place from various backpackers I met while travelling up central america from panama city, despite not really finding it at the top of the charts on tripadvisor under lodging or activities (really weird this is under attraction actually, no wonder i couldn't find it at first). Seems like they are one of the busiest dive ops on Utila though, just from word of mouth, and no wonder! The instructors and the vibe here are so welcoming and chill. I had Max as a refresher coach and he was really great at making me feel confident in the water again. Yotam was my advanced open water instructor and he made the whole experience so much fun, easily pointing out cool wildlife and sharing his infectious enthusiasm for diving. I can definitely see why so many choose to stay longer here than anticipated - not only is the diving amazing but so are the people!

1 Thank Cecilia D
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I did my PADI open water at underwater vision and I couldn't have asked for anything better. The center itself has its own beautiful part of the beach with a volley ball net, tv area if you want to chill and there is always a good vibe at the bar. I couldn't say one bad thing about any of the staff either - all so friendly and genuinely happy to help.

Coming from a person with a fear of open waters, scuba diving was something i never thought i'd do. Sam and Tyson my instructors helped all of us and broke down every tiny part of the course. I never once felt uneasy - absolutely awesome instructors and everyone on my course felt the same!

I never usually write reviews but this place is a real gem. There is a true family feel to it and I was so sad I had to leave when I did. They have the perfect balance of everything. Already planning my return!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bonnie R
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dive School Experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Two weeks ago I took my open water course with Underwater Vision and I can only say good things about my time there! The course was both very instructive and fun, which can only be attributed to the outstanding instructors. Everyone that works at Underwater Vision is extremely friendly and accommodating. My instructor, Sam Vidler, did an especially great job! Throughout the course he worked with each individual at the pace best suited for their comfort level. If I could go back right now, I would!

1 Thank Meg S
Hoboken, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Two weeks back home and already planning my next trip down...”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Where do I begin? It is not often that I feel compelled to revisit a place that I have already visited, but after visiting Utila, staying at Underwater Vision and completing my Open Water and Advanced Open Water– I’m hooked and already planning my next trip back. Considering I had never put on a scuba tank before this trip, I couldn't speak more highly about how professional, knowledgeable and down to the earth the dive staff are at Underwater. I completed my Open Water with Dan and Maartje…these two are a great duo and really made me comfortable as I was new to the sport. I completed my Advanced Open Water with Sam who really helped me refine my skills and even managed me to make me laugh many times underwater. By the end, I considered all three of them (plus the rest of the staff) great friends. Beyond the diving, Underwater Vision, without question has the best location. The bar, the sand, the hammocks…. the entire set up makes it so you never need to actually leave the dive shop. Just writing up this review makes me feel nostalgic. All I can say now is, if you haven’t been, you are missing out and probably should start planning a trip.

Visited June 2014