Bay Islands College of Diving
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: A professional and fun team dedicated to teach all levels of diving, from beginner to professional, so all your scuba dreams can become true! Come and join the BICD family for memories and an experience of a life time.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I got off the ferry onto Utila with my Open Water Cert on February 10th of this year after meeting one if BICD's instructors Vanessa by lucky chance during the ride from La Ceiba. From there she had myself and 6 of my friends in tuk tuks off to the shop to check everything out. That day changed my life as I left Utila only on May 20th. I am now a certified PADI Dive Master, and I have 3 and a half months of the best times ever under my belt as well as a bunch of logged dives. BICD was amazing. The perfect balance between professionalism and fun. The shop and all the staff are unreal and so amazing at what they do. Only good things to say about BICD. As a 19 year old or a 30 year old, BICD is perfect for you. Thank you every at the shop for making those months the best of my life! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

2  Thank YukonMaya
in 4 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to Utila for a week, and left over three months later.Choosing to do my divemasters with BICD was the best thing I've done this whole trip!!!! The instructors are extremely professional, caring, and super fun!! I always felt safe while diving under the supervision of a divemaster, you can tell that all the staff are well trained and really look to show you the coolest things underwater.There are boats going out in the morning and afternoon, and they are very spacious which means you can fully gear up before jumping in the water. BICD also organizes non diving activities such as barbeques,and trips to the beach which are awesome ways to have some fun in the sun and get to know everyone. highly highly recomended! such blast!!!!

2  Thank For814
Reviewed 11 May 2014

i did my open water course at BICD and had a great time. this is my first post on here, and very likely my last - I'm usually too lazy to do anything like this. BUT... Nick was my instructor and didn't ask for tips but instead for a review of the school on trip advisor - because he was such an awesome instructor and really friendly guy i wanted to do this for him - he certainly made my time there much much more enjoyable, of that I've no doubt, and diving will now go down in my books as one of the better things I've done in my life. thanks to Nick especially, but also the school who looked after me and my two friends well, gave us a good walk in deal and were happy to accommodate our every request or question. I would definitely recommend BICD to anyone who asks or is interested.

3  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I spent over 3 months diving with Bay Islands College of Diving while I was doing my Advance Open Water to Divemaster it was truly a life changing experience. The first thing I noticed about BICD was the warmth of the staff. Rebecca, the manager, is incredibly caring, and always there for you. The facilities are the best that I have seen on Utila, and the boats have plenty of room with a fun atmosphere. I made some amazing friendships while diving at BICD, and I look forward to the day that I return to that paradise island.

2  Thank Drew K