“Great Diving, Great People, great Times”

Bay Islands College of Diving
Ranked #4 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Owner description: A professional and fun team dedicated to teach all levels of diving, from beginner to professional, so all your scuba dreams can become true! Come and join the BICD family for memories and an experience of a life time.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Seriously good value diving. Lovely staff. All a little bit crazy but the right kind of crazy. The instruction was very good. The one downside was the accommodation. Their own rooms were full and as a result we stayed in the hotel next door which made it difficult to get to know other people at the school.

There are newer reviews for Bay Islands College of Diving

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My time spent at the Bay Islands College of Diving was completely due to someone I met on another trip. He had spent several months living and working there and highly recommended it to me. And now I highly recommend it to everyone else. They did a great job working with me and teaching me about the awesome scuba diving experience. But be forewarned. If you go to Utila without the intention of scuba diving. You are in the wrong place. But if you are there for diving then I would have to say that BICD leads the pack on Utila.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank fpmadden
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I got off the ferry onto Utila with my Open Water Cert on February 10th of this year after meeting one if BICD's instructors Vanessa by lucky chance during the ride from La Ceiba. From there she had myself and 6 of my friends in tuk tuks off to the shop to check everything out. That day changed my life as I left Utila only on May 20th. I am now a certified PADI Dive Master, and I have 3 and a half months of the best times ever under my belt as well as a bunch of logged dives. BICD was amazing. The perfect balance between professionalism and fun. The shop and all the staff are unreal and so amazing at what they do. Only good things to say about BICD. As a 19 year old or a 30 year old, BICD is perfect for you. Thank you every at the shop for making those months the best of my life! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

2  Thank YukonMaya
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to Utila for a week, and left over three months later.Choosing to do my divemasters with BICD was the best thing I've done this whole trip!!!! The instructors are extremely professional, caring, and super fun!! I always felt safe while diving under the supervision of a divemaster, you can tell that all the staff are well trained and really look to show you the coolest things underwater.There are boats going out in the morning and afternoon, and they are very spacious which means you can fully gear up before jumping in the water. BICD also organizes non diving activities such as barbeques,and trips to the beach which are awesome ways to have some fun in the sun and get to know everyone. highly highly recomended! such blast!!!!

2  Thank For814
Reviewed 11 May 2014

i did my open water course at BICD and had a great time. this is my first post on here, and very likely my last - I'm usually too lazy to do anything like this. BUT... Nick was my instructor and didn't ask for tips but instead for a review of the school on trip advisor - because he was such an awesome instructor and really friendly guy i wanted to do this for him - he certainly made my time there much much more enjoyable, of that I've no doubt, and diving will now go down in my books as one of the better things I've done in my life. thanks to Nick especially, but also the school who looked after me and my two friends well, gave us a good walk in deal and were happy to accommodate our every request or question. I would definitely recommend BICD to anyone who asks or is interested.

3  Thank Pat R