“Beautiful, Quiet, Private and Romantic”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 52 reviews

Reviews from our community

alexander...
Tequesta, Florida
“Beautiful, Quiet, Private and Romantic”
Reviewed 11 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Chez Milady's Apartments for 10 days in November of 2012. I had been in Utila for almost a month prior to my stay with Milady, but moved there to enjoy time with my girlfriend, who came to visit me for a week and a half. I really wanted a place where she would feel comfortable, safe, and happy during her short trip to the island.

Milady's apartments turned out to the exactly what I was looking for: Set further away from the noise and crowded streets of the main strip, close to nature, quiet, private, and beautiful. The apartment was extremely clean, organized, and had everything available that you would need: full kitchen set, towels, comfortable beds, oven, stove, refrigerator, dining table, sofa, ceiling fan, A/C (if necessary) and even a hammock out front.

The entire property is a garden of Eden, covered in lush greens with beautiful trees, plants, and flowers. It's about a 15 minute walk into town, but it's a really nice one. My girlfriend and I really bonded during those walks. You can also rent bikes or golf carts from in town to get around more quickly if necessary. Tuk-tuks (scooter-taxis) are available to take you in and out of town for about $2 per person.

The home is guarded by a large gate and the entire perimeter of the property is fenced. It is also protected by 3 dogs -- one of which is a beautiful big puppy of less than a year old named Racam. He's extremely lovable and fun to play with. If you come home later at night, the dogs will bark and may not permit entry. No worry though -- Milady is incredible. She will literally come to the gate at any time of day or night to let you in. Just ring the doorbell! One night, I came home having left my apartment key at a friend's house. Milady not only got up at 1AM to let me in past the dogs, but she got her spare key and let us into the apartment! She is a sweetheart.

More on the host: Milady is one of the sweetest women I have met in my life. She genuinely cares for her tenants, treating them like family. It is important if you stay with Milady that you share this attitude: this is a home, so treat the apartment as if it were your own and treat the people who live with you on the property like family. Milady was like a loving aunt to my girlfriend and I. She repaired the missing buttons on one of my favorite shirts and even brought us homemade papaya bread and fruit directly from her garden. She provided great conversation and trips into town on her golfcart when she could. Those were a big help when grocery shopping or during rains. Milady and her husband are also artists, and can share wonderful works of art with you. Her aerobics class that she leads every evening from 4-5pm is a lot of fun and great exercise from what I hear too!

In short, my stay at Milady's Apartments was like a honeymoon for my girlfriend and I. Our stay was so incredibly comfortable, safe, and happy. We brought home with us so many fond memories of our time there. I thank Milady for providing such a wonderful environment for my girlfriend and I to grow our love and have such great adventures (for such a reasonable rate too!)

Milady, you will forever be family to us. We are already looking forward to our next stay with you :)

Date of stay: November 2012
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling that this really was a
Liked least: Nothing. Everything was perfect.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Córdoba

Reviewed 29 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Tegucigalpa
Reviewed 26 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.