“Beautiful, Quiet, Private and Romantic”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

After reading prior reviews on TripAdvisor Milady’s sounded like the perfect place for us, as we were looking for clean, quiet and self-contained so that we could cater for ourselves.
The apartments are indeed set in a beautiful tranquil garden setting; however there are a few things that you do need to know. It is at least a 15 minute walk into town some of it along an unlit dirt road (bring a flashlight). Milady does help alleviate this by offering pickups and taking you into town to do grocery shops etc.
She does have 3 dogs on the property, which were certainly friendly enough but can appear intimidating. Internet can be hooked up for US$25 a month.
The apartment itself left a lot to be desired; maybe her cleaning lady had been having a “off” day. The floors did not appear to have been cleaned in a while, the kitchen was sadly lacking, no kettle, no toaster, very few plates & utensils, the saucepans were completely rusty. (Milady mentioned that they may be rusty and to just them a good scrub and rinse) However nothing was supplied to clean them with, no scourers, no dish cloths or detergent and sadly no toilet paper either.
For an apartment that can sleep up to 5 there were only 2 towels provided and no extra bedding other than what was on the double and single beds, which were comfortable and clean.
We were in the ground floor apartment which does not have an ocean view and cannot say if the upper one does, as the sea is some distance away.
We realise that this is the tropics and we are not super clean freaks, but feel that with a more thorough clean, restocking of kitchen, appliances, utensil etc. that the apartment would be much more comfortable and live up to her wonderful reputation.
Milady herself is a darling and it is hard to write this review but feel that these things have to be said. We later found a much better equipped, internet included, cleaner apartment with a ocean view for the same price as Milady charges.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Milady
Liked least: Poor state of kitchen area, utensils etc.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Jan 2013
As you can see from prior reviews, our apartments are the perfect place for most people. I am sorry that Chez MIlady was not a good fit for you. Most often when people rent an apartment, as opposed to hotel, it is due to their desire for self-sufficiency and privacy - a home away from home.

As it is an apartment we supply towels, however you will want to get all the necesities you may need for an apartment.

Yes I'm a 16 min. walk from downtown. It's a beautiful walk to be enjoyed as you will encounter nature and Utila's surroundings. This is why most people choose our location due to it's tranquility and green environment.

Yes we do have 3 dogs on the premises who are my personal pets as my house is in the same complex. If anyone has an aversion to dogs, I can simply keep them at the house upon request.

I did clean the place myself. I'm sorry it was not up to your standards. I appreciate your comments.

You are correct that the apartment can sleep up to 5 people. However, to be environmental and reduce fresh water use, we offer towels for the number of people who are renting the apartment. As you were two, I supplied towels for two, and would be happy if clients request more.

Yes, the lower apartment has a beautiful, lush garden view as opposed to a sea view like the upper apartment has.

I'm glad you found another place to stay where you were satisfied, and I apologize that Chez Milady was not the place for you. Thank you for your review as I will do my best to rectify the things that were not pleasing to you for the future.
alexander...
Tequesta, Florida
“Beautiful, Quiet, Private and Romantic”
Reviewed 11 December 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Chez Milady's Apartments for 10 days in November of 2012. I had been in Utila for almost a month prior to my stay with Milady, but moved there to enjoy time with my girlfriend, who came to visit me for a week and a half. I really wanted a place where she would feel comfortable, safe, and happy during her short trip to the island.

Milady's apartments turned out to the exactly what I was looking for: Set further away from the noise and crowded streets of the main strip, close to nature, quiet, private, and beautiful. The apartment was extremely clean, organized, and had everything available that you would need: full kitchen set, towels, comfortable beds, oven, stove, refrigerator, dining table, sofa, ceiling fan, A/C (if necessary) and even a hammock out front.

The entire property is a garden of Eden, covered in lush greens with beautiful trees, plants, and flowers. It's about a 15 minute walk into town, but it's a really nice one. My girlfriend and I really bonded during those walks. You can also rent bikes or golf carts from in town to get around more quickly if necessary. Tuk-tuks (scooter-taxis) are available to take you in and out of town for about $2 per person.

The home is guarded by a large gate and the entire perimeter of the property is fenced. It is also protected by 3 dogs -- one of which is a beautiful big puppy of less than a year old named Racam. He's extremely lovable and fun to play with. If you come home later at night, the dogs will bark and may not permit entry. No worry though -- Milady is incredible. She will literally come to the gate at any time of day or night to let you in. Just ring the doorbell! One night, I came home having left my apartment key at a friend's house. Milady not only got up at 1AM to let me in past the dogs, but she got her spare key and let us into the apartment! She is a sweetheart.

More on the host: Milady is one of the sweetest women I have met in my life. She genuinely cares for her tenants, treating them like family. It is important if you stay with Milady that you share this attitude: this is a home, so treat the apartment as if it were your own and treat the people who live with you on the property like family. Milady was like a loving aunt to my girlfriend and I. She repaired the missing buttons on one of my favorite shirts and even brought us homemade papaya bread and fruit directly from her garden. She provided great conversation and trips into town on her golfcart when she could. Those were a big help when grocery shopping or during rains. Milady and her husband are also artists, and can share wonderful works of art with you. Her aerobics class that she leads every evening from 4-5pm is a lot of fun and great exercise from what I hear too!

In short, my stay at Milady's Apartments was like a honeymoon for my girlfriend and I. Our stay was so incredibly comfortable, safe, and happy. We brought home with us so many fond memories of our time there. I thank Milady for providing such a wonderful environment for my girlfriend and I to grow our love and have such great adventures (for such a reasonable rate too!)

Milady, you will forever be family to us. We are already looking forward to our next stay with you :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling that this really was a
Liked least: Nothing. Everything was perfect.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Córdoba

Reviewed 30 June 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Sete
Reviewed 29 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing