“Thank you!”
Review of Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga - CLOSED

Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: The place in Utila for ZUMBA Fitness, PILOXING, and Yoga! Utila Beach Buns is an invigorating approach to Yoga and Fitness to help you feel your best! Our beautiful studio is warm and private, yet located right on Utila's Main Street. We provide yoga mats, blocks, yoga straps, PILOXING gloves, and a free tea after every class. Classes to suit all levels from Intro to Advanced at very affordable prices. See you there!
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thank you!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Melissa is simply incredible. I first experienced her presence and infectious joy during her signature yoga massage. It was one of the best massages I've ever and that saying a lot since I study massag therapy. At just about 30 bucks, it is a steal. In the states she could easily charge 100 or more for a session.

I also went to a piloxing class with my friend. We both loved it. We were super sweaty and I found it to be a great total body workout (and I'm a guy). Plus Melissa is hilarious so the class goes by really quickly. If you're looking for a fun, cheap and quick day adventure, definitely check it out. My friend was delighted too and said it was better than sex.

5 Thank William E
UtilaBeachBuns, Owner at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Haha, I hope you don't mind...but I might need to steal the quote about Piloxing being "better than sex" for advertising! Honestly, the energy from that class is infectious and I'm thrilled that you caught it! Also, I don't know if I could receive a nicer compliment about my massages, especially from a massage therapist! Thank you for taking the time to write!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favorite part about Utila”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga made my trip to Utila go from just another diving adventure to the best revealation I've had in years. Melissa and her yoga studio are not just any ordinary workout experience. You walk into the studio feeling average and walk out feeling like a ten. The studio is the cleaniest business I found while visiting and the atmosphere is like none other on the island. The candles, the scented cold cloths at the end of the work out and even the neck and back massage that Melissa gives to all of her clients during the last part of the class while you're focusing on breathing and relaxing. Each time I walked into my workout, I knew Melissa was going to push me to have the best workout I could. She's so energetic and actually cares about you challenging yourself. Each time I walked out of my workout, I felt like Melissa genuinely cared if I enjoyed myself and hoped to see me again. She took interest in everyone, knows everyone's names, hobbies, careers, etc and is always happy to see you. And she does care because she purposesly has oganized her class schedules around the diving schedules on the island which make it easier to find a class to accomodate your schedule while you're there traveling. And the variety of classes she has is better than I found in any country I've visited. Whether you're looking for a morning stiffy class to loosen up and stretch or piloxing class to get in bikini-ready shape, you'll find all of it at Beach Buns Fitness & Yoga. And you won't find a better instructor ANYWHERE in the world. Melissa is by far second to none. I can't wait to go back and visit again :)

5 Thank Katie S
Wow! I'm actually blushing just from reading that! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such thoughtful and kind words. It means so much when you can do something you are passionate about and help others to feel the same. I'm so happy my classes had such a positive impact on your trip!
BISHOPVILLE
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

It was an amazingly good experience. I did a Yoga class a Melissa was very good as a teacher and she was constantly checking that we were in the right position and she was adapting the class for the different levels that we had. I also experienced a energetic Piloxing class which I highly recommend to increase flexibility, to tone muscles and to burn fat!. Moreover, I had a Yoga massage and that was out of this world, Melissa prepared the massage specially and specifically for the sores I had after diving and after it I was feeling very relax and ready to go for more. Towels, drinking water and Mats are available!

6 Thank Yurumen
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Keeping classes small really allows me to give each person the attention they deserve. My massages are prepared with lots of thought to individual needs and I'm always happy to hear that people can feel the difference!
Thailand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“LOVED IT!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Such a great place to go get an exercise fix, meet lovely people and perspire!
I highly recommend! Melissa is a wonderful instructor and pushes you to you limit and is incredibly motivating. Mats, drinking water, weights and towels are all available, plus all sorts of classes to meet all fitness levels.
Thank you so much Melissa!

Visited December 2012
6 Thank Jens2589
Thank you! I really do believe in challenging people to push their limits...it's amazing what we can do if we put forth the effort. I loved having your energy in my classes!
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Awesome yoga & wonderful massage :)”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I love the restorative yoga classes. They are great to stretch out and relax my sore muscles, also to provide some toning and exercise after long days of diving. Melissa is a super friendly instructor that takes interest in each individual so you get the most out of the classes.

I just had a yoga massage with Melissa and feel SOOO GOOD! I have an extensive range of sports injuries accumulated over many years that need constant attention. Melissa took the time to research the best poses and techniques for me - more so then any other massage I've had - and it really showed. She used different yoga poses and assisted me so that I got a nice deep stretch and released lots of tension, and then gave me a full body massage.The price was very good too. I highly recommend checking it out.

6 Thank Pip B
Thank you so much! I really do put a lot of thought into each person and their individual needs. My massages are all put together on an individual basis and according to what each person wants to focus on. I'm so glad to hear that you saw this effort!