“Amazing food not to be missed”
Review of Foo King Wok

Foo King Wok
Ranked #11 of 43 Restaurants in Utila
Cuisines: Chinese
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Amazing food not to be missed”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This place is next to parrots dive shop and tranquila and the smell radiates out like an invitation.
I visited on one of the days they were not open normally and so it was specially for an event we had.
I was the only vegetarian and they made me a special stirfry that could have happily have served 2 people, as well as 2 types of rice.
Absolutely amazing! The staff are genuine and friendly, it was a pleasure to eat here and I would recommend it to anyone.

Santa Cruz, California
“Favourite place for dinner on Utila!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This place has amazing large portions of food, and the ginger cordial is so yummy. The Thai food leaves a lot to be desired, but stick with the Chinese dishes and the appetizers and you can't go wrong!
Also, ask the chef about the chocolate balls ;)

• Visited June 2014
Edwards, Colorado, United States
“Great Asian food if you can catch them when their open”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived early to reserve a table before they even opened. Food was delicious and a great addition to the food options on Utila.

Visited April 2014
Utila, Honduras
“Best Chinese and Thai food on the Planet”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It is such a small and inconspicuous place located next to Parrots Dive Center and in front of Tranquila Bar. It is open only Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings for just a few hours but it is a must for anyone visiting Utila. I love this type of food and I have experienced it in many countries but I have to say that the quality of this food that Scotty produces is head and shoulders above any of its kind I have experienced anywhere. I am partial to his Szechuan Chicken but Scotty you really outdid yourself last night with the Szechuan Beef.

• Visited June 2014
Stephenville, Texas
“Rethinking Foo King”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have to say I never thought I'd eat here based on two failed attempts and a rude encounter with the chef but I guess everyone is entitled to an off day. Food is expensive BUT really large servings would feed two so maybe not as much as originally thought.
The chef actually was very personable.
The food was yummy and bountiful.
A must for Chinese food lovers on an island where mediocrity is a standard for dining.

• Visited April 2014