“The most amazing experience I have ever had!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Utila Cays Diving
Ranked #6 of 18 Tours in Utila
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive in style from the Utila Cays to the beautiful unspoiled north side of the island aboard our custom built dive boat. We provide dive valet service, unlimited dive times, small group ratios for both courses and fun dives. Our experienced and professional guides and instructors will show you the best of the Caribbean.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The most amazing experience I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Being a person who has never been comfortable around water, theses guys were the best. Very thorough in explaining the equipment and techniques with the emphasis of safety first. Very patient and attentive to meet all needs. All of this coupled together with the beautiful waters in the Honduras made for the best 1st experience of anything I have ever done. Like the famous words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back!"

2 Thank Gene D

Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the most memorable trips of my life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

If you are looking for comfort and luxury that comes in the form of plush pillows, Tempur Pedic mattresses, and room service -this is not the place for you.
BUT - if you are looking for the kind of comfort that can only be felt when you are surrounded by people that love what they do and treat each other like family - Utila Cays Diving is definitely the place to find it. I was a fist time diver that traveled there for a week with my bf for spring break. Bogdan (the most charismatic, kind, professional, and organized person you could imagine) assigned me a dive instructor who I later grew to respect and love like a family member. His name is Reggie. My boyfriend and I started our diving certification process off the dock. During my second dive and as I was performing one of the skills (the mask removal) I completely broke down in tears and gave up on the whole experience. As you can imagine, I had some serious contemplating to do over night and I decided that I was going to continue to do Discover Scuba diving for the following days (and completely stopped with my certification process) . Bogdan was my Discover Scuba dive instructor while Reggie continued training my boyfriend who ended up getting certified. The dives with Bogdan were absolutely amazing-breathtaking views- calm instruction- stress free experience. I think those Discover Scuba dives are what made me fall in love with diving. On the last day, after we came back from diving all day, Reggie noticed my excitement and happiness and asked me if I wanted to try to remove the mask and finish the 2nd dive skill. I could not believe that he was willing to spend time with me after such a long and tiring day and that he was encouraging me to face my fears and assuring me that I would be just fine with his help. I couldn't resist. Reggie and I went back in the water after that long day and that's when the Unimaginable happened: I finally removed my mask and placed it under water without a problem. As we surfaced, I was dancing and crying at the same time and Reggie got just as emotional as I did. Reggie is an absolutely amazing human being, caring person, and a very knowledgeable and capable instructor (We MISS you Reggie-I hope you get a chance to read this). The entire team is great! My boyfriend and I reminisce on the good times we had at UCD all the time. We always think of Rafa's with his cool laid back personality, Reggie, Bogdan, Edgar and his amazing fishing/shark stories, and all of the other people we met during that trip. If you are a person that values lifelong friendships, enjoys meeting people and building relationships - you will not be disappointed. This team is phenomenal and they know what they are doing! The view around the hotel is also amazing - crystal clear water, laid back environment, and lots of great space to go snorkeling right off the front porch. Definitely try the French Restaurant Dinner - delicious food and amazing sunset view by the fireplace. Neptune Beach is the bomb - great drinks/cocktails and food.

What are you waiting for? - Book it and you are guaranteed to have an amazing time!

(P.S. For those of you who are wondering, I was never able to finish my certification because we were scheduled to leave 12 hours after all my fears went away but I plan on resuming as soon as I am done with exams).

JH

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joana H
Ottawa, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Awesome Discovery Dive Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our experience with Bogdan and the whole Utila Cays Diving staff was unforgettable. Bogdan went out of his way to not only help us with our dive, but also travel from Roatan to utila and then the cays and back. We are very greatful to him for providing the extra effort in all things to really make our time in Utila and on the Utila Cays special. We arrived in Utila earlier than initially planned because the boat service between the islands was less regular than we thought, but it all worked out. The extra time gave us a chance to have some great local cuisine, and relax before some busy days on the water.

Our first day on the dive boat we tagged along and just snorkeled while the divers did their own thing. We still felt part of the group and got Cinnamon buns (locally made :) and had a great time. During the second dive we actually followed the divers on the surface and were able to watch as they had a cool encounter with a friendly nurse shark! On our own discovery dive, Reggie was great to go through the training and was very cool and collected and easy to follow and understand under the water. Our two dives were both excellent and full of great sites and we even got our first 1hr dive under our belt!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank bmark091
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Professional and dependable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Very professional and dependable crew who know the area very well. It is obvious that they want to provide a memorable experience for everyone. Bogdan runs a great operation, with a constant smile on his face.

1 Thank Barbara H
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing Dive Experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Utila Cays Diving is a first class dive facility with a first class crew. I had friends who dove with Utila Cays Diving last year and had such rave reviews about them I knew I had to give them a try. Bogden and his crew went above and beyond to make sure that we all had nothing short of an amazing experience. Their rates are very reasonable and equipment is very reliable. They handle every detail from transporting equipment to/from boat, snacks, changing of equipment, etc so you are free to enjoy the ride and take in the beauty to and from your dive sites.

My girlfriend has never been diving before and she decided to take a discovery course which was taught by Reggie and she loved every minute of it. Reggie was very knowledgeable and patient which allowed her to get comfortable in an unfamiliar environment. It was a one on one course so she was able to learn at her own pace before being able to enjoy her very first scuba experience.

It was very nice to see that they also go out of their way to take care of the reef by picking up small bits of trash/debris and spearing lion fish (fun to watch) so that others can enjoy it as well.

The dive sites were nothing short of amazing and pristine. I planned on only doing one dive but after such an enjoyable experience, I decided to go again for another day of diving.

What a great experience…I can't wait to go back!!

1 Thank Payton V