Mango Inn Resort
The Colibri Hill Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Sea Eye Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$95
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmangoutila dive centerdeluxe cabinbest pizza on the islandlovely pooltropical treesstaff was friendly and helpfuldorms and private roomsthe main streetbeds were very comfortablecentral locationgreat place to staymin walkvisiting utilaweek stayplenty of hot watertuk tuk
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This backpackers/hotel has clean comfortable rooms free with any udc training good service to the dive centre running shuttles to the dive centre or to and from the ferry there is a pool also big bonus for a break from the salt water the bathrooms however a dirty there was rot on the shower floor which was surprising because it seemed the ladies would clean the immediate floor but disregard the inside of the shower it was foul but this is latin america so there are always pros and cons plus the humidity makes it hard to keep things fresh anywhere so best harden up

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
UDC_MarketingManager, Public Relations Manager at Mango Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Hello elle L
Thank you for choosing us and UDC as your dive operation and home during your stay at Utila.

We apologies for the inconvenience with the bathrooms, we are currently remodeling our shared bathrooms to offer our diving customers a better service!

Thank you for your input and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The Mango Inn has the nicest manager ever named Barbara. She always asked me how my courses were going and wished me luck when it came time for my exams. Barbara even invited me and some friends over to have a great meal at her place and even bought us drinks at the bar! The Mango Inn staff really go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. Their cafe serves the best pizza I've ever had and lots of other great dishes and drinks. All of the staff is super friendly and want to help you in any way they can. The Inn itself is breath-taking with a huge mango tree and beautiful gardens. I stayed here because I did some courses at UDC but I would have stayed here anyways if I wasn't. One of their workers in particular, Sammy Ramos, is a local that has lived on the island for many many years. Words can't express how nice and inviting he was to me and my family. First of all he drove us down to UDC, which is a fair 10-15 minute walk, whenever I needed to go. In passing, he gave us the warmest smile and offered us a ride in his van, showed us around the island, or if we needed help finding something. He wasn't doing it because he expected a tip but because he is such a nice guy. I would come back to Utila (and I know I will) just to visit Barbara and Sammy. In short, this is the best place to stay on Utila without a doubt!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler P
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at Mango Inn because it came free because I was doing a course at UDC. I am a solo female traveler, so it is important for me to stay places where I can meet like-minded travelers. I was able to make a great group of friends that all were diving at UDC as well. The rooms were simple, the bathrooms were pretty gross. I am not picky, but sometimes I felt dirtier after my shower, although the showers were always hot which is rare in Central America.Obviously it is Honduras, but I have stayed at many other places in Central America that were much cleaner. Not a deal-breaker though. It was kinda a far walk-about 15 minutes from UDC, 10 minutes from town. I had read reviews that said they offered a shuttle, but they only gave us a ride when we first arrived and they gave us a tour. Other than that they said you could hire a tuk-tuk for 20 lemps. I always walked except if it was raining, I took a tuk-tuk. I guess it was good to walk off all those Salva Vidas from the night before :) Overall I would stay there again just because it was a good deal and I was able to make a lot of friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Hello amorefirenze

Thank you for your input and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

You will save a little money by staying five blocks off of the beach at Mango Inn. The rooms are spacious and clean. I am puzzled by the reviewer who suggested the bathrooms were "disgusting", that's just not true. It IS Honduras, and the humidity will create minor issues, but one needs to remember, it's not the Sheraton in Miami. The internet service is great, with high data transfer, better than any location on Roatan. It's only five blocks from the ferry, right up the hill. The onsite restaurant has a wood fired pizza oven and is owned by a good natured Italian, and, subsequently, the pizza is darn good. Don't worry about the location with respect to the dive shops. The two van drivers, Hector and Sammy, are WONDERFUL! They are ALWAYS right on time and will whisk you to your dive shop in two minutes. They will even PICK YOU UP for the LUNCH surface interval, and drive you back to Mango Inn for a lazy lunch, then WHISK you right back to the dive shop for the third dive, in the early afternoon. Wow. Never had that before, and it could spoil me. Only one caution, it's in the jungle, there are spiders in the trees (NOT on the walking paths) and there are bats at the hummingbird feeders at night. Again, it's in the jungle a bit, which adds to the beauty, but plan accordingly if you are frightened of critters. Also, an note of caution, on windy nights the pizza oven tends to spit out a bit of smoke into the restaurant, as it does not have a power draft. No problems on calm nights, and the restaurant is open on all sides, but sit in a table near the edge on windy nights.

Room Tip: Great value, beautiful property, EXCELLENT VAN DRIVERS!!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed there with my girlfriend while we were taking a course at UDC.

The rooms are bare bones, but comfortable and clean, and the price is amazing when paired with UDC courses.

The bathrooms, however, were disgusting. They always smelled like rot, they were always filthy, and the warm water only worked at the best of times.

Lovely pool, outdoor furniture to lounge in, and lovely little restaurant though.

Overall a 4, but the bathroom mess knocks it down to a 3 for me.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello MapleHoja

Thank you for your input and hope you enjoyed your stay and diving with us.