Mango Inn Resort
Sea Eye Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$92
The Colibri Hill Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$89
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsmangoutila dive centerdeluxe cabinbest pizza on the islandlovely pooltropical treesstaff was friendly and helpfuldorms and private roomsthe main streetbeds were very comfortablecentral locationgreat place to staymin walkvisiting utilaweek stayplenty of hot watertuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2009

I stayed at the Mango Inn along with my boyfriend for 5 nights in June, 2008. We tried to stay in a suite, but they were unavailable, so we settled for a standard private room. Our friend accompanying us stayed in the hostel dorms.

Definitely the best thing about Mango is the pool, which is spacious and just a great hangout area in general. Not so good, unfortunately, were the rooms. Our standard room, was very dark and rather dank. I wasn't so pleased when I saw a cockroach there our second night. I've done my fair share of backpacking and understand that we were in a tropical climate where cockroaches are more commonplace, but still, it grossed me out. We did have a TV and complimentary water, both which were very nice to have, and the AC was also great and very powerful. Another downside was that the walls were thin and we had a very loud couple in the adjacent room. So not very good for privacy. The room overall just felt a bit worndown, but it was a cheap place, so I suppose we got what we paid for.

Overall, a better place for budget travelers. Great for backpackers I think, just not the romantic getaway. I would definitely upgrade to a private cabana if we were to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marialambert
Reviewed 14 March 2009

My wife and I just returned from our 7 night vacation at the Mango Inn on Utila. We did 3 dives/day for 5 days. Everything was excellent. The Hotel is very well maintained and the restaurant is excellent. The dive shop is very well managed and runs a professional operation. You can't beat Utila for price. We spent half as much on this vacation then we typically do on our caribbean trips.

The hotel met almost all of our expectations. The only glitches we had was that the wireless internet did not work and the hot water pressure in our room was sometimes inadequate. The hotel staff is very helpful and truly make you feel like family. We would definately return for another trip in the future. The only drawback to Utila is the transportation connections needed to make it to the island.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sabwjz
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We were directed to this little gem by a local. What a wonderful and comfortable place. We had come over from the main land from what they called a 4 star and the Mango Inn had them beat. The staff is friendly and the rooms are spotless and the cottages come with hammocks. There are pools and the gardens are well kept.The restaurant is inexpensive and the coffee in the morning is great. I would have stayed forever. It is not on the main street but there is a bakery a few steps away (best cinnamon buns ever!) and everything else is within walking distance. There is also complimentry internet. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2tickets2pairodice
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I landed on the island of Utila accidentally (long story). I had searched around for about an hour for decent, clean, and relatively cheap dorm accommodation. When I found Mango I was relieved. It was everything I needed and more. The dorms are very simple with 4 -6 beds per room. The private rooms are gorgeous if you want to splash out some cash. There is free (unreliable) wi-fi internet. The restaurant is pricey compared to other places on the island. Highly recommend the dive school: UDC. One drawback is it is a bit of a walk to the water...maybe a few minutes as it is Utila.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank 07Boston
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I have just returned from a week stay at the Mango Inn in Utila. I had a great time - yes the hotel is not on main street but that is part of reason I chose the quiet location. Hector from the inn gave me a ride to and from UDC dive center any time it was requested.
The food at the attached Mango Cafe was the best I found on the island- pizza and lasanga were awesome! Also fruit crepe and fresh OJ in AM.

The manager Pamela was very helpful in email before I arrived and were there to pick me up at the ferry as promised.
Utila Dive center did not respond to my e-mail -but upon arriving there I met with Karen and all my questions were answered . I had a great week on the resort boat with her and Filip - they went to north side every day on nice boat.
Mango Inn room was deluxe w/ ac and TV large in size fluffy towels , sheets were a bit thick but very clean.
I reccomend the Mango Inn to other Utila travellers.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank lilyazalea8