“Another Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Utila
Camrose
“Another Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Gayle and I spent the 1st 2 weeks of February diving with the Utila Lodge, I had been down in November and enjoyed it so much that I re booked with Gayle as soon as I got home.
The February trip was everything we expected and more, the staff were great made us feel like old friends. Gayle is gluten intolerant and shortly after we arrived Shannette came to talk to her about the menu for our stay, they had gotten several special things and managed to keep them close enough to the rest of the food so Gayle never looked out of place at meal times. She never had a single reaction in the 2 weeks. Kisty, Alice and Rebecca as well as the rest of the staff always had a pleasant comment and enquired how things were going. Our Dive Masters were Willie and Joe, they were excellent and we saw lots of tiny sea life exactly the type of diving we like to do, as well as octopus, squid, turtles, seahorses, pipe fish and all kinds of fish. I did 77 dives in the 2 trips and enjoyed every one of them. Captains Seth and Albert were great as well, we got to swim with dolphins and explored several fish boils but the whale sharks eluded us again. Thank you everyone at the Lodge we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor both times rooms E & F and found them clean and comfortable. Enjoyed...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Comayagua, Honduras
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

When I saw the review entitled, "This place rocks" I almost didn't write a review because I share the same thoughts. I visited the island for US holiday Jan 19, 2013 without singing up for a hotel dive package. This gave me the leverage to visit multiple dive shops and designed my own package.
Utila Lodge is by far the best well put together organization on the island. With spacious dive boats, up to date dive gear, experienced Instructors/Dive masters. With the hotel, dive shop and restaurant all in one location I wish that I had stopped her first. The Dive shops guys and girls all very friendly and helpful. We stopped in and ask for a wreck dive, immediately the lady at the desk spoke with someone (I wish I could remember her name) and they combined there open water deep dive with a wreck dive to accommodate us. I love you guys and will visit and recommend you to everyone…. Mitch and Dave

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

awesome staff
fun place to Be

Queen Anne is the Best Barkeep in town
the Staff is good and the docks are right there....infact the room is over the water w amazing view

Great food
Im actually returning and wish I had reserved before because now they are booked
Highly reccomended good clean quality w/out uppity feel and yet nice enough to not have shoestring travelers all over :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

We just returned from a 2 week diving holiday in Utila, Honduras! We stayed at the Utilia Lodge and our stay exceeded my expectations! I am gluten/lactose intolerant and the staff catered to my dietary needs by providing a special menu for me which was varying and delicious! I did not have even one negative reaction during my 2 week stay which is amazing in itself. Our room was clean and spacious and had a screened sun room which we enjoyed especially in the morning when coffee was delivered to our room! The diving in Utila was spectacular and our Dive Master Willie was wonderful at pointing out numerous fish and other sea creatures that I would not have found on my own. The diving was the best that I have enjoyed and the boats efficent. I enjoyed my three dives a day and loved the relaxed atmosphere of my diving experience! Staff at the lodge were courteous, warm and friendly and my only complaint was that my holiday was too short!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ggalla
The Forks, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have been to Utila on several occasions now due to the superior diving and a true Caribbean culture and hospitality. Utila Lodge is clearly the best the island has to offer. The rooms are clean as can be, over the water, and housekeeping even did our laundry perfectly! The staff is very friendly and attentive. Big dive boats, great captains and the most diversity in marine life we have seen anywhere on this side of the planet. The best part of Utila Lodge and Utila itself is that it is the safest Caribbean island we have been to. We have witnessed 0 theft, even petty theft in 4 trips. We have seen or been victim to theft in Costa Rica, Bonnaire, and Florida but not here. It is a very friendly safe place with real culture. Thanks Utila Lodge for great Trips! It is hard to go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Our Favorite is room H but they are all good.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JoeFunlover
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

Very knowledgeable and fun divemasters, new equipment, comfortable boats, and best dock for relaxing on the island. I would recommend Utila Lodge ahead of all other lodges. The owners were always around for advice and assistance if needed and you can't beat the beauty of the wood walkways and buildings.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Josh B
Camrose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

Just got back from 2 incredible weeks at the Utila Lodge. From getting met at the airport for the short ride to the hotel to the return trip Kisty and all of her staff were incredible. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the food excellent. The weather was a little damp, it is the rainy season but we went out for our 3 dives everyday even on the days when I was the only diver on the boat. They have several boats, the one we used was the Sea Sprite lots of room a covered in area for shelter from the sun or rain and easy to get on and off of. Bright sunny days we had fresh fruit and lots of water for our surface intervals on the cooler days they added hot chocolate. The diving was varied with wreck dives, incredible coral, and all maner of marine life, sea horses, pipe fish, spotted eagle rays, southern sting rays, nurse sharks, eels an octopus and more types of other fish than I can mention. I didn't get to see any whale sharks but that is a good reason to go back. The main dive master Joey was excellent as were the Captains Willie and Seth.
There were dive masters Ben and Jonas who helped out and took video as well. I had my own gear but the gear supplied by the Lodge looked new and in great shape.

Room Tip: I had a top floor room and it was excellent, a screened in balcony area, fans plus air conditioning...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 1wandererCamrose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utila
The Colibri Hill Resort
Coral View Beach Resort
Lazy Daze on the Bay
Lazy Daze on the Bay
#2 of 15 in Utila

Been to Utila Lodge? Share your experiences!