“So grateful for Jungle Cafe! Amazing food and ambiance.”
Review of Jungle Cafe Utila Honduras - CLOSED

Jungle Cafe Utila Honduras
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We believe that providing the best culinary experience takes time, heart & the very best ingredients. Our focus is serving you globally-inspired delicious food & great service in a beautiful garden setting. As a small family-owned and operated restaurant we like to cook for you as if you were invited over for dinner with a few select choices of entrees. Knowing that great food takes time we feel that offering a set menu (or a pre-ordered menu) best represents our culinary skills, and we hope you feel the same. We are currently open every Saturday, changing the menu weekly should you decide to come every evening we are open!
Utila, Honduras
“So grateful for Jungle Cafe! Amazing food and ambiance.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Jungle Cafe is a game changer. People usually come to Utila for the diving, not the food. That just might change now. You like ambiance? Amazing, fresh food (as in herbs and fruits picked straight from their garden) and incredible presentation? Delicious drinks of all varieties? Smiling, personal service and genuine pride in their work? Check, check, check and check. The only down side to Jungle Cafe is that it is currently open only once a week. Don't miss this place. It's a gem in the jungle.

• Visited April 2014
Julie S, Owner at Jungle Cafe Utila Honduras, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you Gibsonville for the wonderful review. We appreciate it! We are currently choosing another day to be open, probably Thursday, but want to make sure everything is perfect first!

Toronto, Canada
“5-star Restaurant in Utila!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The exquisite cuisine savoured at the Jungle Cafe Restaurant surpassed some of the 5-star restaurants here in Toronto and around the world. Ingredients were fresh, organic (those grown on their property) and flavourful. The exciting food was unlike any dining experience on Utila - unparalleled - creative, mouth-watering, wonderful flavours and good portions. The personable, charismatic chef, Mitch, took the time to visit guests' tables and chat and our waitress was so attentive and friendly.
The marvelous, air conditioned restaurant (with option to sit outside in large booths that comfortably sit 6) is located on private property surrounded by beautiful landscaping and a 'jungle-like' environment.
"Jungle Cafe"!? Because there is the occasional sighting of 'jungle' life! The chef's wife, Julie, pointed us to a tarantula that was near the bar! Lots of pics with the little thing on her hand!
Only open Saturdays. We made reservations because they sold-out of some dishes.
5-stars: Perfect for Foodies, Adventurers, A Special Night/Occasion, a really-really-really good meal, and those that are sick of fish burgers and fries.

• Visited April 2014
Dear Cinja,

Thanks for your awesome review! I'm glad you are not the type to shy away from the wildlife you may encounter here at the 'Jungle Cafe'. Most often the creatures of the night wait until the diners are finished before appearing, as if on stage! I like to let the tarantulas crawl on me to demonstrate that they are very docile creatures. We appreciate you taking the time to review us, and hope to see you again one day!
Calgary
“The Jungle Cafe is literally a Hidden treasure!!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Hello All!
I am a proud "foodie" and I must admit they create the most scrumptious dishes! I DREAM about going back to eat all the Spatzle and Papaya Salad I can!!! These are to die for... And those are just the side dishes!
You can't beat the hospitality and atmosphere and I love having the unique Utila experience that can only be had at The Jungle Cafe!
I would go with friends or family.... Heck! I would even go on my own!!!
It would be in your best interest to go too! Enjoy life!

Visited June 2013
Julie S, Owner at Jungle Cafe Utila Honduras, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you Marlo for your great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Looking forward to seeing you when you return!
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“The best steak in Central America!!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Jungle Cafe is my favourite restaurant in Utila,a wonderful atmosphere with great hospitality.
By far the best Steak I have had in Central America!!!! the chef "Mitch" only sources the best quality meat and fish. A great place to enjoy a sunset cocktail expertly mixed by the host "Julie" A place I look forward to eating at again soon.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you Jo, Steve, and Yvonne for coming to the Jungle Cafe, for the great review, and for taking the time to review us. I appreciate your compliments on my cocktails! I'm getting better!