The Lighthouse
The Colibri Hill Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Sea Eye Resort(Utila)(Great Value!)
US$95
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewsplace to staylight housecoffee makerminute walkbest hotel on the islandupper balconyhi speedwonderful hoststhe main streethot waterneedle fishwatch the sunsetwrap around deckdaily maid servicethe hotel is cleandive shoplocation was perfect
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Who knew that we were going back to Utila and The Lighthouse so soon! My wife and I stayed at the Lighthouse in March 2011 and loved it so much that when we came back to Utila in November 2012, we did not want to stay anywhere else. Thelma is an amazing host - very carying and full of useful Utila information. She makes sure that guests get as much rest and relaxation as possible and is always ready to help. The place itself is simply stunning with the breathtaking ocean views and unforgettable sunsets. The prices are great for what you get - cleanest rooms, ice-cold A/C, small fully stocked kitchen and a peaceful atmosphere. I hope to be back here again sometime soon.

Room Tip: Splurge and get an ocean view room - you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Easily the nicest place on Utila. Rooms are clean with a beautiful view, and I've never met an owner more concerned about the welfare of her charges. At the end of the main street, it's quieter than most of town, yet just a few minute's walk to the middle. Wonderful place; the only downside (the internet is only available in one place, but there's a wonderful coffee spot two minutes ago where you can get your hi-speed fix.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Winstonthecat1
Reviewed 11 December 2012

What a great place to stay - very nice accommodations in a well kept and maintained. Rooms are always very clean. Thelma takes a lot of pride in ensuring you are taken care of. This was our second trip to Utila and staying with the Lighthouse - and planning again to go in January of 2013 and will be staying there again. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I took Capt. Vern's boat over to Utila and stayed 3 nights at The Lighthouse. Thelma, the owner, was in the states - but the person in charge there -called Thelma and Telma gave me the 101 Utila class - where to go snorkel - etc.. She was great. I wanted to go to Water Cay and Pigeon Cay - Thelma recommended someone to take me on his boat. She will tell you where to contact him.
He picks you up right under the hotel! The owner of the boat is so nice. He will stay with you at Water Cay if you choose - you will probably be the only person on the tiny island - I just paid him extra to stay with me - I was alone - he will tell you where to snorkel. We then went to Pgeon Cay - walked a little - I treated him to a fish sandwich -which was great - then we came back to The Lighthouse. KDKay

Room Tip: All good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank KayDavis
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Awesome place, clean, tidy, Thelma was very easy to talk to and always willing to help. I have stayed at this location twice now. Once when it first opened and then about 1 year later. Every time I have been there I was always made very welcome and was very well looked after.

The second time was when Hurricane Felix hit and Thelma was very helpful, she managed to get us off the island by chartered flight when everyone else was queuing for the ferry.....

I am definitely planning to go back either this November or early next year.

Room Tip: Best rooms are those that face the sea which is a bit obvious. But generally all rooms looked great,
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends