“Great stay for budget travellers”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copan
La Posada de Belssy
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Copan
Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
“Great stay for budget travellers”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We just had 2 nights here. Comfy room, clean sheets, best pillows in a month ( not lumpy ) close to everything. Felt very safe. Wading pool on roof was great to sit and relax in after a run or big day sightseeing. Pool super clean. Terrace great breezy spot for drinks and cards. Really for $17.50 for a couple, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We paid $18 for a private room with shower. It was very clean, firm bed, good wi-fi, a little roof-top pool, a good tv in the room, nice owners and very nice cleaning lady. It was just a block or two up the road from where the bus drops you off. The town is tiny so it doesn't really matter were you stay as far as location goes. We just didn't want to carry our bags up the hill anymore. The only thing was that she wanted us to pay at the end of our stay. We always want to pay up front in case we get robbed or we didn't understand the price correctly as our Spanish is not good. I'm glad we did after reading another review about the price changing. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The owner never answered my email through their website- something about problems with the site. The owner was around when I arrived, but the 10 or 12 year old boy was in charge that night. He tried hard, but could not fix the broken hot water heater or the TV hand piece. I finally got a different room 1 1/2 hours later so could take a shower. I was exhausted! However, the family is pretty noisy late into the night and there is no sound proofing. You sleep in an echo chamber. At times I felt trucks were running through the hotel. Something made many meals of me while sleeping. I had 5 itchy watery bites to deal with and am concerned these bites are the kind to leave large discolored scars. (I had 3 previously and they are not nice.) So while they are friendly, I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any real difference in rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2013

La Posada de Belssy is located just far enough from Parque Central, about 4 blocks, to not be disturbed by the general public but close enough that no walk feels too far....even the ruins. It is right next door to La Terraza (one of our favorites). A word of warning, though, it is right across the street from a school so expect noisy kids from time to time. This hotel does not have a restaurant, however there is a cooking area that you might be able to use. On the top level is a balcony with hammocks and a small pool with an amazing view, but the pool wasn't kept very clean so we used it with caution. Our only complaint about this hotel was an occasional nasty sewer smell seeping from the bathroom. At the price though, in Copan, we could hardly complain.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Copan is a small town and everyone knows everyone. Thanks to TripAdvisor I selected La Posada de Belssy and wasn't disappointed in my choice. My single room cost $16 per night, but the bed was just awful. The owner, Thelma, was very nice and gave me the room next door for the same price, normally $19 per night. This room was on the ground floor of a three story building, had a queen bed and single bed; all rooms have a private bathroom. The beds were basic, the bathroom was functional, the bath towels thin. There is a fridge, sink and cooking facilities on the roof along with a couple of hammocks, small pool and a nice view. For the three nights I was there, the entire town of Copan would lose electricity, but La Posada de Belssy has a generator. This is a family run business and the area is safe. Free wifi is also available. Locally, the butterfly farm is no longer in business and the macaw sanctuary and feathered creatures were great! This town is only about 10 miles from Guatemala and buses are available. One last note - La Posada de Belssy is only one block up the hill from the main square.

Room Tip: All rooms, regardless of which floor level, are on the left side.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Debra T
WelingtonNZ
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was extremely happy with my stay here, I had a single room on the ground floor which had everything i needed. Room & ensuite as very clean with hot water shower, bathroom even had soap. Room was basic with a small TV, single bed & fan. There is a nice roof terrace with hammocks nice to relax with book or to watch lightening storm & rain pelting down, the pool was not usable at the time I was there.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank curlyrach
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed two nights and were satisfied. This hotel provides good value. The beds were fine and the shower was hot. The ceiling fan was adequate most of the time--just 2-3 hours in the evening when the room was close and hot (AC is $10/night extra). My main complaint is that they jacked up the room rate at check-out; We reserved in May, when the website listed 300 lempiras/nt, When we checked out we were charged 350, and the explanation was that rates had increased in July. Upon returning home, we found that the website still showed 300. Difference was only $2,50/nt, but we felt they weren't being honest with us. Suggest that on check-in, you confirm the rate in writing to avoid surprises.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family