“Beautiful hotel, close to town center.”
Review of Terramaya

Terramaya
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Copan Ruinas
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This place is only 2 years old and the rooms are very nice and clean. The breakfast is really good and the staff is great also. It's only a couple blocks from town center and an easy walk to the Copan ruins. They have TV's in the room but no english channels, they have DVD's you can just borrow and play in your room.

Only downside for me was the noise. I was in room #4, facing the street and did find it quite noisy with all the traffic. There's a dog somewhere nearby that keeps barking and the locals hang out just down the street and you can hear them talk very easily. But then again, I'm a light sleeper and I'm in bed by 10 so depends how late you stay up and how soundly you sleep.

I really wish it wasn't up that steep hill because then it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Get room 5 or 6, facing the back of the property.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank French_Chick020

Reviewed 25 October 2012

I have been a member for some years and in my travels this is only the second time I have ever written in about an exceptional experience!
Last week I had one of those moments in the most unexpected places, Copan de Ruins in Honduras. My husband and I stayed at Terramaya (504) 2651 4623.
After being in nature all day what a wonderful place to come home to! From location, to service to cleanliness you will have a hard time beating this sancturay! I have stayed in many wonderful hotels (5 star) but this was simple and elegant at it's best! The attention to details have all been well thought out from the moment you walk into the entrance you are transformed. We were greeted as old friends and offered something to drink.
We lavished in the Jacuzzi tub and shower then took our drinks to our balcony to rest in the hammock and look at the perfect mountain views. If that is not enough there is a small beautiful garden below, that even has a private massage room.
Breakfast was serviced the next morning at our convenience on the downstrairs terrace while white curtains blew in the breeze, was wonderful in setting and simple great food. They also have two other property's which are also very clean and airy, although does not have the same setting but would still highly recommend!
THERE IS NO POOL BUT WOULD NOT CHANGE ON THE LIST FOR SOME REASON SORRY

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Once you stay one night, you won't want to leave (ever). My husband and I recently spent 6 nights at Terramaya in Room #5. The service was impeccable, always ready to please, but never intrusive. I have a high standard of cleanliness and Terramaya far exceeded that. The breakfast each morning was something different and always outstanding. You can walk from Terramaya to everything in town. If you need help with anything just ask Mariana the onsite Manager, she is knowledgable and wonderful. Thank you Angela and Howard for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra charge for Room #5 or Room #6 so you have the extra space with a private de...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank scruffalo
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

I had an amazing time staying in this place, must say though that the price was more than i wanted to spent but definitely worth it! The service outstanding, great location from the central park and good restaurants near by.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We loved our stay here! Staff was super fabulous, every minute every day. Location perfect, close to town, we walked everywhere. Breakfast wonderful! Great birds and views from our balcony. Pygmy owl outside our room every morning...and yes barking dogs and crowing roosters... this is, after all, Honduras. We LOVED it. We'll stay here first choice next visit!

Room Tip: Balcony room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I agonized over what hotel to book for our stay in Copan reading many Tripadvisor hotel reviews. Ultimately we chose the Terramaya and I am so glad we did. From the time we arrived until the moment we left we felt like guests in a friends home. Angela and Howard are gracious hosts, and both engaged us in conversation, as well as respected our privacy. Marianna the manager could not do enough to ensure our comfortable stay including providing us coffee and snacks for our 6 a.m. departure. The hotel is within easy walking distance down the hill to the main town square (where tuk tuks are available for the uphill return!) but far enough out of the bustle. We had room five for three nights which had a fantastic view of the mountains, and the terrific hammock to relax in. The hotel was immaculate, and our room was spacious with a large comfortable bed. Although the hotel does not have a bar, they do have beer and wine by the glass available for purchase. They assisted us with arranging for a guide for the ruins as well as a trip to the hot springs. We did not notice any dogs barking as other posters mentioned, but we did notice the roosters crowing, so light sleepers may want to run the air conditioner which covered up the noise. We noticed this at other hotels we stayed at during our trip to Central America and in no way detracted from our stay at Terramaya. We would return in a heartbeat. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Room Tip: Room Five and Six are worth the extra cost due to the fantastic view over the hotel gardens and the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I again arrived with no previous booking but was lucky enough to get Room 5 (I love the tiled numbers of the room fitted into the walls). The design and decor of the hotel fits in beautifully with its surroundings as it is light and airy but at the same time solid. It was perfect: the bedroom I had had very high ceilings which made it seem much larger, although it was already quite large and everything was sparkling clean. The bed was glorious, fab hot-water showers, the room had everything I needed but the best was the terrace. I would lay in my hammock of a late afternoon swaying in the minimal breeze and watching night fall across the countryside, the view was really magical. A plentiful and fresh breakfast on the terrace downstairs was a great way to start the day (after watching the world come to life from my hammock of course) and the staff were perfect - all smiles and as helpful as could be. The owners Angela and Howard were the perfect hosts and helped with me anything I needed - thank you both for everything - this really was a haven.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo