Hotel Plaza Copan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Yaragua(Copan Ruinas)
Hotel Patty(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
Hotel Brisas de Copan(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
La Posada de Belssy(Copan Ruinas)
  • Pool
La Posada(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
Hotel Camino Maya(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
Hotel Casa Gabriela(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
Hotel Marina Copan(Copan Ruinas)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed over overnight stay at this quaint little hotel located just off the plaza. Our room was very clean and quite pleasant. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The shower was also hot! The air conditioning also worked very well. It was rather beautiful to be woken up the next morning by the sounds of church bells and the people singing hymns next door in their church. We quite enjoyed swimming in the delightful little pool. Breakfast was wonderful as was the quality of customer service! We strongly recommend this hotel, particularly if you are travelling on a budget!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Thank goodness the evenings were cool as the air conditioner did not cool and was extremely loud when the conditioner kicked in. This was an OAT trip. The morning buffet was very good and the decor inside the building nice. No in room safes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

When I read other reviews I sometimes wonder whether people realise where they're actually visiting doesn't have the same level of infrastructure as "back home?" - The Plaza at Copan is a lovely hotel, well situated (just off the main square) with large airy rooms and really nice staff. It's enhanced by a small pool which I used during the heat of the day (more plunge in to cool off really!)
All in all, a welcoming place to break a journey.

Room Tip: Room 221 is the pick of rooms (as far as I could see) with a nice sized balcony/veranda with a few chairs to sit on... Next best would be 219 or 220 which had small balconies (not to sit on but at least to open doors on to.)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel was welcome after a long journey. It is better than "average", but it was not "very good", hence the 3 stars. The decor and common areas are very nice and appear clean and tidy. The pool does not look too enticing and I did not see anyone in it, but this may have been a coincidence. The staff try their best to help and are pleasant. Understanding of English is variable and some things are lost in translation when trying to communicate in basic Spanish. This is not a criticism, but the hotel is used by a lot of tour groups who only speak English which I noticed caused some difficulties. It is very central (on the main square) and all of the bars, shops and restaurants are a few steps away. The Mayan ruins are an easy 20 mins walk away on a good road which appears safe, but best to seek advice about this if concerned. The rooms are decorated nicely and are clean, - a few problems with voltage and lights not working, but nothing major. At night the hotel appears to 'close down' as I needed some assistance during the early hours when I thought someone was on my balcony outside my room. (I had the room with large balcony overlooking the main square). I had placed a table across the door to the balcony earlier as the door did not seem to lock well and I was concerned. During the night I heard noises that I thought were coming from the balcony and ran out of my room to go to reception, only to find the hotel in complete darkness and no staff around at all. It appeared to be locked up and we appeared to be locked in! The noise was a guy on the street below crushing plastic bottles. On the whole the hotel is fine, no major concerns, other than the balcony incident and no one being available to help. Worth checking with reception about night time arrangements in case something major goes wrong and help is needed urgently.

Room Tip: If you have the room on the side with the big balcony over looking the main square make sure the door locks properly and keep a torch by your bed in case you need to investigate during the night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Last weekend i spent one night here with my family and kids. The hotel is really pretty, the rooms are very big and i think its the right price. The room, the bathrooms, the floor, everything it's so clean! The beds...really love them! So comfortable, i wish i could stay more time! The location it's perfect, they had a restaurant but i think it's a little expensive. The pool is small, but really nice and clean! The service it's very kind and we spent a great time here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family