All reviewsthe ownerbeautiful gardenfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciouslemongrass teabreakfast each morningfew blockstamalescentral americagreat coffeein townvisit copanceiling fanrooms are cleanan oasisstayed longerhot water
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Casa de Cafe was just lovely. While it was close to the center of town, it was also quiet and secluded, a perk of its design. The very clean and simple room I enjoyed had an excellent bed and all the amenities I required. The property also has a beautiful view of the mountains. The staff were wonderful and owner Howard was extremely helpful, from the moment I made the reservation. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family and I stayed at La Casa de Cafe for three nights. It's in a quiet part of town, within a short walk from the central square. The rooms are clean and pleasant, the garden is lovely with a fantastic sunset view, and the breakfast is outstanding. Most importantly, Howard and Angela and thier team of Miriam, Ondina, Teresa, and Fatima, are fantastic hosts. They are a wealth of knowledge about the local attractions and resources, and are well traveled in Guatemala and Honduras, providing a broad network and tips for travfeling in the region. Howard remained in email contact with us after we left, offering lodging, restaurant, and travel advice for Rio Dulce and Antigua. Among all of our travels in the region, Casa de Cafe was our favorite, and I woudl whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just spent 3 days at this perfect little jewel. Howard and his team took excellent care of us even after we left. He sent on immediately to Pedro Sula my camera charger and battery that I had forgotten in my room.I got items the very next day.Better than FedEx!! Lucia's massage was very relaxing and soothing -in keeping with the ancient spirit of Copan and their healthy ample breakfast with freshly baked bread could not have made for a better start to our days. With our very best wishes-Rita and Alberto- Belize , Grenada ,W.I.Italy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Casa de Cafe is simply amazing. The care and love put into this place is evident in every nook and cranny. The owners are meticulous and the place is spotless from top to bottom. The staff are so polite and professional. The food is incredible. The grounds are a slice of heaven with beautiful flowers, plants and hammocks. Seriously...don't miss this place- stay here, eat here. We stayed at another place on the second night when this one was full....we definitely felt homesick and were longing for Casa so we went back for breakfast before leaving town. Howard is very helpful and pleasant to deal with. It's a tiny bit tricky to locate if in your own car but not a big deal. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of December for 4 nights. Howard and Angela were very welcoming and knowledgable about Copan. Together with the staff, especially Fatima they could not do enough for you. Complimentary ice tea while relaxing in the beautiful gardens was over and above my expectations for a hotel in this price range. Comfy beds, great hot showers with lots of water, and great breakfast to start each day. You could not get better at a top hotel. The thing that topped all this was the massage from Fatima. It was one of the best massages I have ever had. I would highly recommend staying here. It is only a short walk up to the town.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo