All reviewsthe ownerbeautiful gardenfresh fruitbreakfast was deliciouslemongrass teabreakfast each morningfew blockstamalescentral americagreat coffeein townvisit copanceiling fanrooms are cleanan oasisstayed longerhot water
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Our venture to Copán Ruinas included treating ourselves to a three-night stay at the lovely La Casa De Cafe.

As more budget-oriented travelers, the room at La Casa De Cafe was a splurge for us, but after three weeks of "roughing it" in Guatemala, we decided to indulge in a retreat-like experience for a few bucks more than our usual nightly allowance.

As others who have reviewed this B&B with five stars have said, there are so many things to appreciate about this place. The setting and meticulously-maintained gardens throughout the common areas are particularly delightful. I spent a good bit of my time while here simply swaying in a hammock looking out at the surrounding hills -- and the views are, indeed, spectacular. It's quite easy to lose track of time here.

Our room (with private bath) was simple, balanced and artsy. One might even say "zen", which is appropriate for a place that caters to tranquility and relaxation. At the end of exploring around Copán each day, we returned to a spruced-up room and a full carafe of purified water -- a nice treat.

Probably the thing to rave most about though is the breakfast. Start your day off right with a healthy mixed fruit salad, huevos or pancakes, beautifully prepared and served in your chosen spot among the gardens and terraces. The coffee -- served throughout the day (by request) -- also ranked as some of the best that we've had in our Central American travels.

It's clear that the owners take great care to ensure a relaxing and rewarding experience here. Not only do the conscientious breakfasts, grounds and rooms suggest as much, but I have yet to experience the equal of such a friendly and dedicated staff. They make sure that you're happy, and if you require something, simply ask.

Our needs were not only met, but exceeded. It was a splurge well worth it, and a difficult one to match in terms of quality, no doubt, as we make our trek onward.

Gracias for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

A very nice b&b at the end of town with a really lovely garden, nice staff and you can request free tea and coffee at any time which is great when you are travelling for a long time not only to save money but for comfort. Rooms are simple and the beds on the hard side. Free water is delivered to your room. My criticism of this is while it looks nice in an open top carafe it would be more hygienic if in a closed container. Being a health professional I am conscious of these things when travelling. We paid about 15usd more for this than for other places in its class and the differential between it and other places in town is quite large, but as it was the only place we stayed in Honduras perhaps this is not unusual.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Casa de Cafe was just lovely. While it was close to the center of town, it was also quiet and secluded, a perk of its design. The very clean and simple room I enjoyed had an excellent bed and all the amenities I required. The property also has a beautiful view of the mountains. The staff were wonderful and owner Howard was extremely helpful, from the moment I made the reservation. I highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family and I stayed at La Casa de Cafe for three nights. It's in a quiet part of town, within a short walk from the central square. The rooms are clean and pleasant, the garden is lovely with a fantastic sunset view, and the breakfast is outstanding. Most importantly, Howard and Angela and thier team of Miriam, Ondina, Teresa, and Fatima, are fantastic hosts. They are a wealth of knowledge about the local attractions and resources, and are well traveled in Guatemala and Honduras, providing a broad network and tips for travfeling in the region. Howard remained in email contact with us after we left, offering lodging, restaurant, and travel advice for Rio Dulce and Antigua. Among all of our travels in the region, Casa de Cafe was our favorite, and I woudl whole-heartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just spent 3 days at this perfect little jewel. Howard and his team took excellent care of us even after we left. He sent on immediately to Pedro Sula my camera charger and battery that I had forgotten in my room.I got items the very next day.Better than FedEx!! Lucia's massage was very relaxing and soothing -in keeping with the ancient spirit of Copan and their healthy ample breakfast with freshly baked bread could not have made for a better start to our days. With our very best wishes-Rita and Alberto- Belize , Grenada ,W.I.Italy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple