“Perfect stay in the Jungle.”

Omega Tours Eco Jungle Lodge
Ranked #1 of 35 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Spent 3 nights here with a group of friends relaxing by the fresh water pool (yes fresh water, fed by a natural stream), bar attached to the pool which provided a huge variety of options, white water rafting, mountain biking, horse back riding and wondering the nearby trails. Brilliant. Food was excellent including the BBQ on the last night, accommodation was excellent (3 of us shared Bamboo cabin which is set away from the main area amongst the trees, fully self contained with natural breezes during the evening), all the staff were extremely helpful from the kitchen staff to the activity staff. The set up surrounded by jungle is very relaxing, natural noises during the day and at night and the perfect place to escape from La Ceiba. The owner will arrange taxi transport to and from La Ceiba using cabs he trusts and has a good relationship with. On our last day we were lucky enough to do morning yoga set on a platform away from the main area, this tranquil and cool area was the perfect way to start the day and finish off our visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank holidaysplus
Omegalodge, Owner at Omega Tours Eco Jungle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2015

Thank you so much for this awesome review!
Come back soon for more great food and tours.
Thanks for the compliments about the staff - we passed that on.
We wish you great travels and thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Omega Tours Eco Jungle Lodge

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is one of the most unique places I have ever stayed, you can completely relax, listening to the birds, crickets and other sounds of natures, eat organic fresh made food, go for a ride in the jungle, or Down Hill Mountain Biking or Rafting or... the list of things to do is big. Or you can just hang out in one of the hammocks by the pool, which is a freshwater creek fed pool, with no chlorine, and enjoy one of the delicious cocktails or specialty beers, brought to you by Rudi or Helen. The air is so clean, and it is easy to just stay, if fact I was supposed to stay for a couple of nights and ended up staying for almost 2 weeks. Udo and Silvia along with their amazing staff, go above and beyond to meet all your needs including arranging reliable transportation to and from the airport or ferry! There is diferent cabins on site to meet individual needs, nestled in the jungle, there is no better place to be to reboot! thank you for an amazing time!

Room Tip: you can choose between more reasonable rooms or the cabins, the Beauty view is the most secluded! $2...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Angiefrombanff

Thank you so much for your awesome review!
Also thank you for recommending our tours, the accommodations and everything around Omega.
Hopefully we ll have you here again soon, just if you need to reboot, join us in nature!
We ll keep the tours, the accommodations, the healthy fresh food up!
Enjoy your travels and thanks again for this great review!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Amazing views and atmosphere up there! Seated on your bed from the BeautyView cabin, you look out across the river to the mountain range across and the waterfall and just sit and stare. It's breath-taking. The decor of the cabin is wonderful too. Everything to the door knobs, stairs, seats, bed are all made right there. To the last detail, everything has character. I love this place and hope to return again and again and again. This is definitely one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed in!

We've also stayed in the Bamboo, which faces up the hill. From there we saw a flock of Toucans in the distance, and one flew right up to the cabin (as I said to my daughter, "wouldn't it be cool if one flew right up to the window?")... Well, there are no windows, just screens, so you really feel like you're in the jungle with the sounds and smells!

Room Tip: The BeautyView Cabin is the best! The Bamboo is awesome too (stayed there before too).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Jordy, gretchen, Daniel, and the entire staff were incredible! we had a ball rafting and jumping off the rocks into the river! Relaxing by the pool and hearing the frogs go crazy in a downpour was really cool. Our cabin was perfect, and one night in the tents was even awesome! we all loved our stay at omega. There are great places to swim on the river and the food was great! Felt safe the whole time rafting! Would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jesse B
Reviewed 12 May 2014

What a little gem this place turned out to be! We stayed in the lovely Beauty View cabin - I think this is the most unique place I have ever stayed. I felt like I was right in the middle of the jungle, lulled to sleep by a babbling brook and insect sounds and awoken by singing birds. The menu at the onsite restaurant is varied and everything we had was EXCELLENT! Such good cooks there! And most stuff is grown right on the property. Restaurant prices were very reasonable which was so nice because you are limited in your options of where else to eat. But I wouldn't have wanted to eat anywhere else! The attention to detail and functionality that Udo has put into everything he has made there (and the guy has made everything there!) is just remarkable. I loved my stay there and can't wait to return someday!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SunnyMcBunny
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I LOVED pico bonito national park, the congrejal river and my short stay at Omega. My boyfriend stayed only one night in the Beauty View and I felt as though I never wanted to leave!

The food and menu were excellent.
As were the guides.

I went kayaking in a inflatable kayak for the first time and had such great instruction by my guide, Daniel. He taught us so much about the flow and power of this gorgeous river.

The owners, an adorable German couple were earnest and kind people that made us feel at home.

Can't recommend enough.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abster116
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed at Omega last weekend. We were in one of the lodge rooms, I loved the look of the buildings and the care that was put into the making of the place. The bed was pretty comfy too!
We went on the rafting tour which was decent. The river was low but the tour guides made up for it by adding in some rock jumping and floating down the river. Plus they were a great group of people.
I had the best Pina Colda ever made by Helen. :)
The main meals were very good. However, my boyfriend got the chicken cordon bleu for lunch after having it for dinner the day before and the chicken was raw when cut into. The waitress took it back to the kitchen to cook more but it was a turn off for sure.
The breakfast portions were minimal for the cost. For example I ordered bacon and toast. The bacon was served as crumbs which I found odd.
They had a nice looking pool but no one went swimming in it. There was a sign stating that it was 50 L to go swimming. The sign didn't say if the cost was for people who were just dropping by or for also those staying at the lodge. There was a group of high school kids staying there and we didn't see them in the pool either which to me indicates that you would have to pay and also seemed like a waste of a pool (why have it if no one goes in it? I have also never seen a place charge it's guests to swim).
Siliva, one of the oweners was incredibly kind and made sure we had what we needed as well as helped arrange our travel plans on Easter Sunday. Which made us feel like we were cared about and also reduced a lot of stress!
There is no hot water in the bathrooms but there is a hot outdoor shower.
Overall I can say that we enjoyed our stay.
Happy and safe travels! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple