“Enjoyed every minute”

Ranked #6 of 35 La Ceiba B&B and Inns
Tampa, Florida
“Enjoyed every minute”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this Hotel in July of 2012 for several days. My wife had just had a horrible experience with immigration in the USA and I wanted to take her some place she would enjoy.
Richard picked us up at the bus stop and drove us to the hotel. Our room was clean and modern by US standards. The view was outstanding, the beach was only a stone's throw away. Richard was helpful when we needed to go into town. The hotel is about 20 minutes out. The benefit of that was a private beach more or less to yourself.
The food was quite good. I was impressed by the cooking. The prices weren't cheap, but I didn't expect to be eating at McDonalds anyhow. The hotel has a nice pool and bar, that kind of stays open as long as your there. The place is safe and secure. My wife had a lovely time and I am indebted to Richard for being so accommodating

Room Tip: best room is right aabove the pool, what a view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Spent two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at la Delphina. Great location to observe the beautiful, clear night sky filled w stars. Our great hosts Richard n kerry bent over backwards to accommodate our trip to Cayo Cochinos which was the highlight of our vacation. Best value, can't go wrong here. If u have not met Richard, u have not been to Honduras. Lanny n Sandra

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I took my brother and nephew to Honduras for their first time and we had a wonderful time. We ate plenty, played it all off and ate some more! The food was good and Richard is a very good host.

Room Tip: Either the room overlooking the water from the front or the room with a mountain morning view from t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Located 30 minutes from town, there are no convenience stores or restaurants within walking distance other than the hotel. Sandflies and mosquitos are on par with Utila and among the worst I've ever seen. Meals are decent, but all have similar sides; rice and beans, plantain chips, and boiled carrots/zucchini. No salad was available during our stay as they were out of lettuce. Rooms were comfortable, but renovations were ongoing. Expect power outages in the rainy season as with most of honduras. We had them book a tour for us, but the driver took us to the wrong company. It wasn't an issue as it was low season, but still annoying.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Theta_12
calgary
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed at La Delphina for 2 nights in early May and wished we could have stayed longer. Richard picked us up from the ferry and transported us back to the hotel. He made arrangements for us to go to the Laguna de Cacao, which was amazing! He also took us to the ziplining and waterfalls. Richard made arrangements for us to go to Cayos Cachinos, having the boat pick us up from his beach. The food is exceptional, especially the rice and beans and the oven baked mac & cheese. Best I"ve ever tasted!

His resort is very clean and tidy. Hot water is plenitful, as are clean linens and the wifi worked from our room, lobby and the pool area. Not many places will let you into their kitchen, but Kelly and Richard open their place up like it is your own home. They will go out of their way to meet your requests as best they can. The early morning views and the sunsets from the rooftop, or the beach are exceptional.

I have to say that arriving there I was unexpectedly on crutches. Richard went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. He even lifted me into his van! More than once asked if everything was ok and if there was anything we needed. His true desire for you to have an enjoyable experience goes above and beyond your average customer service.

I would definatley return in a heartbeat and encourage you to stay here if you are thinking of visiting. I'm certain that you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs. Room 2 has a great view of the pool with a king sized bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We were looking for a place to relax, and didn't know if we could find one in la ceiba. This place was perfect. The room was comfortable, the food was good, staff was friendly, and the beach was lovely. It isn't easy to get to without a car, but if you call call ahead, they would pick you up.

• Stayed May 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Richard and Kelly were absolutely superb!! With less than 24 hours notice they were able to put together an amazing beach front wedding for my father and is new wife. They were able to have decorations, flowers, a delicious cake, and even a DJ with such short notice. Kelly even had a hair stylist come to the hotel to help my stepmother get ready. My personal favorite part was the food. Richard is a grill master, and the girls in the kitchen made the best ceviche I have ever had. When traveling sometimes it is hard to find what exactly you are looking for whether it be activities, food, or even just time to relax. At La Delphina, everything you could need or want can be handled. Although you are guests at a bed and breakfast it feels more like being in someone's home...I cannot wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed by any means staying here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family